My Cell phone is about to be disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
True, but it appears we should also set a maximum age limit.

Really. And what would you think that would be?

Well I am only pushing 50 so something much greater than that. I know you're on up there so I am thinking 70?

ROFLOL, yeah I'm older then 50 but not quite that old. mwhartmans got a few years on me and he's still doing fine on the rescue squad. They'll probably take the keys to my car before they pull my Droid.;)

OP
T

tundra2000

Reaction score
I'm 18 and I have a brother that's on the contract too ( he doesn't own a droid) but the reason we fell behind was because of my 14 year old brother, he put a 600 dollar bill on are phone bill and the verizon hub that we had that didn't work were we lived so we had it disconnected which was a 200 some dollar termination fee but they were going to refund us for that. So we don't have the money to pay the full 1,600 dollars all together, and the droids were paid in full.

Last edited:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got the Droid when it first came out and after a bit I decided to root it which went good but now I'm going to be disconnected because i can't keep up with the bills, i'm already 3 months behind and this tuesday i'm going to be disconnected. Here are some questions i would like to know-
1. Is their anything i can do to keep my droid connected?
2.when i get disconnected and decide to go back to verizon will they still connect my droid after it was rooted?
3. the account is under my mom's name so after we get disconnected can i setup an account under my name and not have to pay my mom's current bill?

Verizon dont need to know if you are rooted or not (just don't say it). And yes you can use the same droid, I got a Blackberry from a co-worker long time a go and I use it under my contract. A few days I called VZ to cancel my son line because he lost the phone and the rep told me that If I can get a verizon phone form a friend or something I can use it on my contract.

But not if its on the "non payment list".. Then the full bill would have to paid before that phone can ever be used again as backnblack stated.
You are 100% correct.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It ought to be illegal to own a smart phone unless you're 18 years old.

And that's probably too young but if your old enough to go to war I guess you can have a smart phone.

Why is it people living paycheck to paycheck always seem to have $400 a month in cable and cell bills? Oh wait, nevermind....

You go to turn in your cable box and there is ALWAYS someone in line who is 3 months behind and owes $700 and is trying to work out a payment plan. Good grief.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It ought to be illegal to own a smart phone unless you're 18 years old.

And that's probably too young but if your old enough to go to war I guess you can have a smart phone.

Why is it people living paycheck to paycheck always seem to have $400 a month in cable and cell bills? Oh wait, nevermind....

You go to turn in your cable box and there is ALWAYS someone in line who is 3 months behind and owes $700 and is trying to work out a payment plan. Good grief.

Same reason we have people making 100k/yr defaulting on 900k houses.

zero7starz

Reaction score
Good grief, lets all jump down someone's throat whos in financial trouble. That's really nice of you guys.

To the OP the answer to your questions is:
You need to pay any past due balance before they will consider keeping your phones connected. And I'd call customer care to see about working out payments for anything that's not past due, but that needs to be paid. Bottom line, you need to bring the account current.

Like some of the other's have said, root on the Droid isn't a big deal, most of the time, the cleark at the store won't even realize that it's rooted, or they might not even care. If you can activate the phone yourself, no one will ever know.

Lastly, if the account is suspended for non-payment the ESNs of the phones will be locked until the bill is paid. However, once the bill IS paid then they will no longer be locked.

If you want my advice, I'd call customer care and see what you can work out, and see if you can get any help from them in regards to making payments and ect ect.

Hope things get better for you.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
:closed_2:

I deleted a few comments....No need to get personal.

OP has been given options and advice....We're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.