My Cell phone is about to be disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

tundra2000

Reaction score
I got the Droid when it first came out and after a bit I decided to root it which went good but now I'm going to be disconnected because i can't keep up with the bills, i'm already 3 months behind and this tuesday i'm going to be disconnected. Here are some questions i would like to know-
1. Is their anything i can do to keep my droid connected?
2.when i get disconnected and decide to go back to verizon will they still connect my droid after it was rooted?
3. the account is under my mom's name so after we get disconnected can i setup an account under my name and not have to pay my mom's current bill?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
1) Pay the bill
2) Root has nothing to do with getting the device on the network
3) No, Once the account is closed, all ESN's will be listed and will not be able to be connected on anyones device. (unless you paid full price for it)

erikfig

Reaction score
I got the Droid when it first came out and after a bit I decided to root it which went good but now I'm going to be disconnected because i can't keep up with the bills, i'm already 3 months behind and this tuesday i'm going to be disconnected. Here are some questions i would like to know-
2.when i get disconnected and decide to go back to verizon will they still connect my droid after it was rooted?
3. the account is under my mom's name so after we get disconnected can i setup an account under my name and not have to pay my mom's current bill?

Verizon dont need to know if you are rooted or not (just don't say it). And yes you can use the same droid, I got a Blackberry from a co-worker long time a go and I use it under my contract. A few days I called VZ to cancel my son line because he lost the phone and the rep told me that If I can get a verizon phone from a friend or something I can use it on my contract.

ChugIt

Reaction score
#1 Pay your bills?
#2 They'll never know unless they SEE the phone.
#3 Pretty irresponsible. If you are using a phone on her account you need to help her out. Do you understand that your mother's credit score is going to drop because of this?

If you can't afford it now what makes you think getting it in your name is going to magically make you able to keep up on the bill? I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for irresponsible people who live above their means. Pay your bill or get a TracFone at Walmart.

bje1982

Reaction score

Verizon dont need to know if you are rooted or not (just don't say it). And yes you can use the same droid, I got a Blackberry from a co-worker long time a go and I use it under my contract. A few days I called VZ to cancel my son line because he lost the phone and the rep told me that If I can get a verizon phone form a friend or something I can use it on my contract.

But not if its on the "non payment list".. Then the full bill would have to paid before that phone can ever be used again as backnblack stated.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Verizon dont need to know if you are rooted or not (just don't say it). And yes you can use the same droid, I got a Blackberry from a co-worker long time a go and I use it under my contract. A few days I called VZ to cancel my son line because he lost the phone and the rep told me that If I can get a verizon phone from a friend or something I can use it on my contract.

An account closed for non payment will make any device on that account blacklisted for non-payment. Unless the device was purchased at full price.

angler1

Reaction score
#1 Pay your bills?
#3 Pretty irresponsible. If you are using a phone on her account you need to help her out. Do you understand that your mother's credit score is going to drop because of this?

If you can't afford it now what makes you think getting it in your name is going to magically make you able to keep up on the bill? I'm sorry, I have no sympathy for irresponsible people who live above their means. Pay your bill or get a TracFone at Walmart.

That was the obvious answer to me to his rediculous questions. Get your affairs in order before trying to reconnect the line. Obviously you can't afford a smartphone at this time. Sell the droid, pay your bill and get a dumb Phone till you grow up.

erikfig

Reaction score
#1 Pay your bills?

Agree.......

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It ought to be illegal to own a smart phone unless you're 18 years old.

And that's probably too young but if your old enough to go to war I guess you can have a smart phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sorry to hear.

maybe a Droid isn't best for you considering your financial problems.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Oh and by the way.... if you paid the $199 for the phones and didn't complete your contract.... Your mother is going to be charged a HEFTY early termination fee. You need to come up with the money so your mom isn't stuck paying it all. My kids have Droids, and since they aren't old enough to work yet they do other stuff to earn their privilege to have Droids. If you're old enough to work, go get a job. If you have a job help pay the bill. You credit score is important for many reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.