My car was featured in a Subaru advert...

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks to my neighbor for the photoshoot; Subaru contacted him regarding the photos and now my car has been featured in dealership advertising. I'm still waiting to see where else my car will be featured, but this pic:

3235949796_f291393876_b.jpg

Is now here:

NateandJeremyplayinthesnow.jpg

Pretty sweet!

JFM-jr

Reaction score
Pretty awesome! I love my Suby but I must admit Subaru butchered the Legacy with the redesign I dont like it all. Love my '05 body style MUCH more.

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pretty awesome! I love my Suby but I must admit Subaru butchered the Legacy with the redesign I dont like it all. Love my '05 body style MUCH more.
That's funny. Most people seem to be ok with the newest legacy, its the sti people feel was butchered.

REARless

Reaction score
That is really cool. Congratulations.

Hopefully they gave you $ or at least an oil change or two.

I have a 09 Legacy that I really enjoy. (Sometimes I wish I bought the turbo but the PZEV does fine and I get to park in tree-hugger spots in some garages.)

I agree on the styling of the fifth generation (2010), I like the fourth generation (2003 - 2009) styling a lot more.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Did they really leave your license plate intact like that in the ad?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
At least it gives more of the impression that it's a real daily driver and a purchased car doing this... not just some test track car :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I hope they payed him (photographer) for that image : )

I'm guessing you didn't sign any kind of release with the photographer?

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Congratulations! I had a friend who used to work in marketing for Subaru, trying to get pictures like that! :)

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score

That's not my plate. I have a custom plate. They photoshopped that in.

I hope they payed him (photographer) for that image : )

I'm guessing you didn't sign any kind of release with the photographer?

I did. We both signed a release.

JFM-jr

Reaction score
I have a custom plate as well. It says "BOXRPWRD". I had a bunch of performance stuff done to it about 3 years ago. I had a few performance upgrades Cobb Accessport with a custom tune,Perrin I.C.,catless DP stock VF40 turbo tho' and still went 12.80's@107mph not too shabby. Went the 20G route with a FMIC after that and the center cartrige went in that turbo. Car was down for a few weeks at that point I put all the stock stuff back on it. It's my daily driver and I did not want to deal with downtime. So it's back to stock now for the last 3 years (still went a 14.0@98mph LOL). I love the dragstrip as you can tell and have a dedicated 1/4 car on the other side of my driveway.

Not to detract from this thread's main topic sorry. Thats definatley a real cool story to have about your STI. I'm sure your on the NASIOC's website as well?

OP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nasioc as well. Same UN. Running a turboxs DP and cobb ap stg 2 map and only managed low 13s. I'm the worst 1/4 driver.