My boss's droid 2 can see my location

Markk78

Reaction score
I have a question if anyone can help me. My boss just got a droid 2 and he claims that when he calls my droid he can see my location. He supposedly sees the city that I'm in.
Is this possible? Does anyone know what app this is? My boss is not a technical person so I don't think he downloaded an app. He says that it was built into the phone. We have Verizon service. These are all company phones.
I don't want my boss knowing where I am at all times. How can I protect my location? I have not used latitude.
Thanks in advance

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's probably just city id which tells what city the number is from not what city they're currently in. That's the only thing I can think of.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fluidj

Reaction score
I have a question if anyone can help me. My boss just got a droid 2 and he claims that when he calls my droid he can see my location. He supposedly sees the city that I'm in.
Is this possible? Does anyone know what app this is? My boss is not a technical person so I don't think he downloaded an app. He says that it was built into the phone. We have Verizon service. These are all company phones.
I don't want my boss knowing where I am at all times. How can I protect my location? I have not used latitude.
Thanks in advance

Sounds like the City ID app that Verizon bundles with all of their smart phones. It's free for 30 days and then a monthly charge after that. So you have to mind your p's & q's for at least the next 30-days....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum Markk78 - we would like to ask that you don't Cross Post (posting the same thread in more than one area) one thread is sufficient to get the answers you need

OP
M

Markk78

Reaction score
Will city I'd show outgoing calls? I thought it shows incoming?

Reaction score
Lol its city id. Its a bloatware app that Verizon pre packages with a lot of their phones. It will show the city that the subscriber provided when they signed up for cell service, or a home landline service....depends which you call. So it doesn't matter where you are, he can't see you on a gps map, everytime he calls you it will only show the text. For example "San Francisco, CA". It will say the same city everytime, even if you're not in san francisco or whichever city you live in.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
Do you have latitude turned on? If so any of your friends can see exactly where you are.

dast

Reaction score
dUd3! I can see where you are right now!! Quick! Turn your phone off and remove the battery NOW!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

Markk78

Reaction score
I don't know who's a bigger dumb A_ _. Me or my boss. You guys are right, I think it is city id. I saw him today and he's telling me that I was calling him from a certain city that I haven't been to in months. I'm keeping my mouth shut, it's hilarious. He told me that his girlfriend was in one city shopping when she was supposedly at work in another city. She told him that she has no idea what he's talking about.......Too funny. My only problem now is-he's going to want to know why I am in the same city all the time. (I work in sales throughout the whole state of Illinois)
I was worried for a minute there.......... Although Verizon does have a program for businesses where you can keep track of your employees. We don't have that yet....

frostthejack

Reaction score
Webkey is free and does it. But he can't install it on your personal phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk