1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

My bootanimation won't change

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by ohioDroid, Apr 23, 2011.

1. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

I'm using an original Droid, running PE 5.0.2

My bootanimation will not change. I've been trying to set it to the Droid Shatter animation. I select it in the Elite Media settings, but when I rebooted, the animation didn't change.

So I downloaded it, and put it in /data/local, but it still didn't change.

So I copied it into /system/media, and then rather than use that bootanimation, the phone defaulted to a glowing 'Android' word animation.

What am I missing? Some simple key thing that'll let me use any bootanimation of my choosing...
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

try deleting the ba out of system/media and out of data/local then go back into elite settings and choose your ba again then go into the data/local using root explorer and open the ba and see if the pictures in it are the one of which you just chose. and make sure ba are enabled in there as well.
  3. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

I deleted the ba from system/media and from data/local, and then used the Elite Settings to install it. A ba did NOT appear in either path; its like nothing happened at all.

A reboot showed that I still got the "android" text ba.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

ive got a friend that has the same problem running 4.2. i use bootrandimations app. its only $1 and i love it. i do have the blue droid shatter ba i could send you a link and you can manually put it on your sdcard and place it where it will work. let me know if you want it.

other than that hopefully someone else can help you out. try disabling ba reboot then enable again and then try applying ba again. are you getting a toast for su when it gets applied?
  5. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

Put it on my sdcard? Maybe I'm unfamiliar with how a Project Elite rom worked. I thought an android phone came with a default bootanimation in system/media, and that one could put a custom, overriding one in data/local.

I'm also not sure what you mean by 'enable', since all I know is pasting the files into the path.

And I don't know what you mean by toast. If I go to a terminal and type 'su' I get root access fine. I'm not sure we're speaking the same language...
  6. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

yes i mean i can send you the link to download the ba you want then you put it on sdcard and move using root explorer to data/local and then reboot to see if it works with you putting it in there manually.

when you go to elite settings>multimedia at the bottom where you would choose your ba....the first box is checked right? should say ba are enabled. make sure its checked.

the toast: im not sure if when you download and install a ba through elite settings if itll give you a toast saying multipile blah blah has been granted su permissions. if it is suppose to then maybe thats the issue but like i said i dont use that function i use another app for boot animations.
  7. ohioDroid

ohioDroid New Member

Ahh okay, I got ya.

I never knew those popups about 'xyz has been given SuperUser Permissions' was called a toast. Interesting. No, when using the Project Elite settings, that never popped up.

I figured out the problem though.... I had downloaded the file and pushed it to the phone myself, but I never checked to make sure the download was good. Turns out it was a corrupted zip.

I've downloaded the file again, pushed it to the phone, and it works! Guess I'm all set :)
  8. jcwilliams

jcwilliams New Member

ok cool glad its working
Search tags for this page

my bootanimation dont change