My Bionic's first big fall

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by sk102704, Sep 22, 2011.

1. sk102704

sk102704 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Bionic took its first real digger since I got it and as a testament to Motos build quality it came away without a scratch!

I was on a treadmill with it sitting in front of me listening to music and my arm caught the headphone wire and first it got whipped into a bar in front of it then fell to the treadmill then got thrown to the ground by the moving belt. No case and not a scratch plus it didn't even stop playing the music. No after effects too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

2. Pjohn91

Pjohn91 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    I got ya beat.....riding my bike last night streaming Pandora. Hit a bump at about 40 mph and suddenly all was quiet...phone was gone!!!! I turned around and went back, thank god there was no traffic cause it was laying in the middle of the lane face up paused on Pandora. Silicone case has a scuff, thankfully I wasn't running naked. I am gonna have to rethink that mount........

3. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Done this a couple times with my Itouch, that's why I use it when running on the treadmill and not my droid heh. Don't care if I break that thing to pieces.

4. jugstats

jugstats New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice to here they are built strong. I bought a stereo bluetooth head set so this wont happen.

5. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Haha oh yes the joys of treadmills and wired headphones. Lol I've done that so many times with my Og Droid. That phone was a trooper. I accidentally threw it through a glass window, dropped it out my car window, and tossed it around everywhere. I always had a case on it but it was just one of plastic ones from Verizon. Motorola does build some great phones. Knock on wood my precious Bionic doesn't have to go through any of that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

6. ChevyNexus

ChevyNexus Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Haha we've all been......wait what?!?!?!?!?!?

Story please? Haha

7. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Lol honestly its not even that great of a story. Me and my girl were hangin out at the house and my roommate was being an idiot so I guess I pretended to hurl my phone at him and it slipped out of my hand and went straight through the window behind him lol

8. HorsePony

HorsePony Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Pfffft! I'm gonna go throw my Bionic in a tub of acid and then come back here in tell you all how much I have you beat!

Haha....seriously, though, great to hear.
    I'm always so careful with my phones (the D1, now the Bionic), and I take it with me on both bike rides and now my long marathon training runs.
    Haven't had the scenario yet, but good to hear that it's surviving through some of your accidental "stress tests." :)

9. dparm

dparm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Gorilla Glass is what's the saving grace. I saw a guy drop his Evo 4G on the sidewalk and shatter it yesterday...won't happen with GG.

10. Infiniti87

Infiniti87 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Yea these Motorola devices are built to withstand the stresses of life that's for sure. I only had 1 other phone before my Og Droid that I thought was indestructible and that was the first LG Chocolate. That thing was cool. I used to put it in the sun visor in my truck and one day on the freeway I forgot it was there and put my visor down and it fell and bounced out the window at 70mph. Went back to get it and it was all scratched up but was still in 1 piece. That same phone got left in my jeans pocket and went through a full cycle in the washer and dryer lmao. Powered it on and it worked perfect lmao. I'm very hard on my phones if you can't tell. I'm trying not to be anymore though since they are getting so expensive and all. I'm babying my Bionic.

11. Stingray71

Stingray71 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Dropped mine twice so far, once on cement. Luckily it was wrapped in the Otter Box Defender Case. Although, I have to give some of the blame to the case for that one. As I was walking it creeped off of my belt and fell. :frown: I guess my belt is a bit to wide for the clip, still, I would think it would still hold.

Anyway, phone still works just fine.

12. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Goes to prove you shouldn't exercise.

Search tags for this page

droid bionic drop test