my bionic gets slower and slower

deduct

Reaction score
It will help alright. Install safe strap 3.11 and use it to flash any custom ROMs. My favorite is blurry maxx. Send me a pm with your gmail address and I'll send you an invite through gtalk so that we can converse easier. There are some awesome ROMs out for bionic.

lm2

Reaction score
It will help alright. Install safe strap 3.11 and use it to flash any custom ROMs. My favorite is blurry maxx. Send me a pm with your gmail address and I'll send you an invite through gtalk so that we can converse easier. There are some awesome ROMs out for bionic.

Much appreciated!

bbtkd

Reaction score
Regarding power issues, I can't say enough about Juice Defender Ultimate. After the .246 update my power really became an issue. It doesn't help that I get marginal to no signal at work, and that alone sucks it dry. I've had juice defender for several weeks and continue to tweak it and my apps. Today was unprecedented; after 12 hours I am still at 91%. Granted I have not made any calls but still, even doing nothing I would have been down to 60% or less without JD on a good day, or 30% on a bad day. One key thing is to be aware of what stays running, and what uses the network perpetually. Where you can set update intervals, set those to as long as you can tolerate.

samwifi

Reaction score
I'm noticing each day my bionic gets slower. Most apps "stop responding"and nothing I've done seems to help.

Things I've done:
Updated to ics
factory reset
Cleared the system cache several times
Developer options have been set to .5x
Rebooting multiple times each day

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on what the issue may be or how to resolve it??

Thanks!

Ya I had the same issue. I'm done with the bionic. My solution was to buy a razr maxx hd (incredible couldn't be happier) . My opinion is that the ics update is just to much for the bionic hardware. I don't know though, I'm no expert.. I'm just sick of a terribly performing handset.

deduct

Reaction score
Bionic hardware is more than capable of handling ICS. Mine runs perfect on it. Not every phone is alike. There are many factors that contribute to a phone crapping out. I bought my bionic on September 8th 2011 and its still as solid as ever. Even better on ICS.

jkensing

Reaction score
My phone was fast but not snappy. I downloaded quite a bit of apps and had several widgets running. I decided to do a factory reset and the phone is snappy again. I would have probably left it alone but I use a lapdock with my phone and when I connected and disconnected from the lapdock the phone was slow to transistion from phone to lapdock mode and vice verse. Since the factory reset, everything is fast. I feel like I got a new phone. While it took awhile for ICS, the phone has always been reliable for me. My wife has the same phone and she's not an app junkie I left hers alone as hers is running just fine.

lm2

Reaction score

@deduct: I've successfully installed safe strap 3.11 and used it to install the Blurry Maxx rom. So far it looks great! A quick question: Will there be any issue at all with now using Titanium Backup to restore from an apps+sys-data I made back on stock ics .246?

Thanks!

jcw122

Reaction score
I've also had this issue, Pandora and other apps randomly crash on me.

shadowsjc

Reaction score
over the past couple of weeks, my phone is borderline unusable. the phone will become super sluggish if i have more than 2-3 apps running. sometimes the phone will just lock up and reboot on its own. in general it's just super slow. i've already wiped the cache after a clean ICS install (all stock, launch day bionic).

i think i will factory reset this weekend...hopefully that does the trick. i really don't want to spend any money on a new phone right now, as i'm waiting out on the next batch of phones in the summer (supposedly ones that will enable talk and web browsing via 3G?)

Reaction score
over the past couple of weeks, my phone is borderline unusable. the phone will become super sluggish if i have more than 2-3 apps running. sometimes the phone will just lock up and reboot on its own. in general it's just super slow. i've already wiped the cache after a clean ICS install (all stock, launch day bionic).

i think i will factory reset this weekend...hopefully that does the trick. i really don't want to spend any money on a new phone right now, as i'm waiting out on the next batch of phones in the summer (supposedly ones that will enable talk and web browsing via 3G?)

This is how mine was operating. Everything crashing...taking forever to do anything. An email would take 3 to 4 seconds to load. It was horrible. I bought a new phone. Note 2. Could not be happier.

I am done with Moto. My Droid X died on me for no apparent reason when the Bionic came out. The Bionic was suppossed to be the flagship phone, and a month later the Razr comes out. I have friends with the Razr and having issues. Bye bye Moto. Get your software together. Owning the Bionic with its data issues and thia horrible update to ICS have been horrible experiences.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is how mine was operating. Everything crashing...taking forever to do anything. An email would take 3 to 4 seconds to load. It was horrible. I bought a new phone. Note 2. Could not be happier.

I am done with Moto. My Droid X died on me for no apparent reason when the Bionic came out. The Bionic was supposed to be the flagship phone, and a month later the Razr comes out. I have friends with the Razr and having issues. Bye bye Moto. Get your software together. Owning the Bionic with its data issues and this horrible update to ICS have been horrible experiences.

I'll be there with you any day now.. can't wait for a note 2... its incredible

Motorola has a lot of potential but Samsung is actually coming through

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jayrod718

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing, got really slow even a full wipe factory didn't help much. I looked at both the note 2 and DNA and landed up getting the DNA and I have to say it's night and day to the bionic. The 1080p screen is amazing, it fits in my hand whereas the note doesn't, the battery is twice as good as the bionic and its really thin. I'm a memory freak and the bionic with ics had like around 30mb free most times and with the DNA its nice to see over a gb free most times.

dberthia

Reaction score

Fokkerdmr

Reaction score
I saw that my Bionic was getting slow after having loaded a large number of pictures on my MicroSD. Not saying that's your problem, but maybe the Bionic's not good with large numbers of files (temp or permanent).