My battery woes... com.motorola.providers.contacts???

belome

Reaction score
8 hours from full charge to no charge in 8 hours AT NIGHT... this is absurd.

phone idle - 32
com.motorola.providers.contacts - 25 (WTF IS THIS?)
cell standyby - 24
com.motorola.home - 9 (???)
Andriod - 4
Display - 3
Alarm - 2

I looked at one text message in the middle of the night.

Have facebook, bloo, a google calendar widget, a weather widget... not sure what else. Bluetooth, Wifi, GPS turned off.

Please help, I"m ready to shove this up a Verizon reps rear.

PS - I called tech support, she suggested I run an app killer... UGH.

pool_shark

Reaction score
How often do you have your facebook, email, weather, etc set to update?

My email checks every hour, weather every 3 hours, I don't use facebook.

I also charge my phone overnight.

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
FB refresh is 30 minutes
Bloo was every 2 minutes... I'm gonna uninstall the app and see if that fixes things.

I meant to charge it at night, but I accidentally shut my computer down before I went to bed, and it was plugged into that... hence no charge at night.

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
I'm really thinknig about doing a factory reset.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't think you need a factory reset. You had an app refreshing every 2 minutes for 8 hours.
I'd start there. Also, you were asleep, do you need FB to refresh every 30 while you sleep?

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
Bloo is gone... no, I don't need FB updating every 30... but its the lowest option.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Using Juice Defender to kill data and wifi connections for certain time periods (midnight to six a.m. for me) and whenever the display is off has almost tripled my battery. Some folks don't like it but Im going to use whatever works. Fwiw Tasker can be set up to do the same thing. I live in a rural area and 3G was killing my phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pool_shark

Reaction score
You can also choose a custom battery performance option and turn data off after a select timeframe and turn off sync during the hours you specify.

Silver Member
Reaction score
maybe you're not getting a full charge. don't use the USB to charge your phone. it's not a raapid charger and serves no benefit to be hooked up to a computer. use the wall plug instead.

pool_shark

Reaction score
maybe you're not getting a full charge. don't use the USB to charge your phone. it's not a raapid charger and serves no benefit to be hooked up to a computer. use the wall plug instead.

I use the USB connected to my laptop to charge my phone while at work, it works just fine.

OP
B

belome

Reaction score
I do know I can't use my old LG Env2 cord... anytime I plug it in using that my touch screen wigs out and won't work properly.

Silver Member
Reaction score

I use the USB connected to my laptop to charge my phone while at work, it works just fine.
it's also only charging at about half of what a wall charger would/could do.

pool_shark

Reaction score

it's also only charging at about half of what a wall charger would/could do.

It goes to 100% in the same amount of time as the wall charger.

Silver Member
Reaction score
sure it does. have you ever actually tested it? USB ports only have the ability to output 550Mah. your wall charger uses 1100Mah. which do you think charges faster?

pool_shark

Reaction score
sure it does. have you ever actually tested it? USB ports only have the ability to output 550Mah. your wall charger uses 1100Mah. which do you think charges faster?

As previously stated, I charge mine via USB at my office daily. I use the wall charger overnight.
It does not take long to charge it via USB. I also never let mine drop below 60%.
There is no way to actually test it. The battery only shows us in 10% increments, there no way for me to know if it's at 60% or 66%.
The argument is irrelevant, you stated that charging via USB doesn't work, it clearly does since I do it every single day.