uploadfromtaptalk1296511420462.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 423

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How is your display percentage so low? I'm in the 40's constantly.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pyro6128

Reaction score
That just shows that you're not really using your phone too much

xXFlashXx517

Reaction score
I thought having ur phone on wifi drains more battery. What apps do u have uninstalled or frozen to maintain thus battery life?

Reaction score
I thought having ur phone on wifi drains more battery.

I think that's the point he was trying to make... that he is experiencing fantastic battery life even with wifi turned on all day. Or am I misunderstanding the conversation?

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
WiFi uses 40 to 50% less battery than 3g.

Amagine

Reaction score
If you're in high noise/signal ratio area you're going to burn more juice due to the device having to scan then switch and amp the signal from tower to tower. In these situations if you have a strong wifi signal, your going to have decent battery life.
Now if you leave the wifi on but not linked... it will religiously scan for an access point and that will burn your juice up faster than data in a non 3g area.

OP
Jboxen

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
In other words, if you have a wifi network at home, connect to it with your phone, when traveling, use 3g.

Amagine

Reaction score
In other words, if you have a wifi network at home, connect to it with your phone, when traveling, use 3g.

ya that...

I was trying to be a bit more geeky.. but that works:)

xXFlashXx517

Reaction score
I have an wifi connection at home but I normally don't use it just cuz I don't want my wifi and 3g to be on at the same time and draining my battery... but if I turn wifi on and it picks up my wifi does the system automatically use wifi or do I have to turn off my signal (airplane mode)

Herndon

Reaction score
I have an wifi connection at home but I normally don't use it just cuz I don't want my wifi and 3g to be on at the same time and draining my battery... but if I turn wifi on and it picks up my wifi does the system automatically use wifi or do I have to turn off my signal (airplane mode)

I believe it automatically uses wifi instead of 3g. But I have a toggle for 3g data and wifi next to eachother so i just shut off 3g first just incase. I mean it takes no effort to click it before wifi. I do notice better batter life on wifi

Sent from a new fangled phone using something called an app

Cwagmire

Reaction score
Interesting! Well my apartment building kills my 3G and phone service to 1 bar or nothing so I'll start using Wifi when I'm at home. Usually never did because I thought wifi drained a lot. Thanks for the tip!