MY BACKKUP PRO continuing problems.................

parlyle

Reaction score
I am at my wits end. I am having continual problems with uploading backup files ( Apps,Media, etc ) to my "My Backup Pro" account.
I have a Drioid Razr Maxx now, but had problems with my DX2 also. I schedule a backup for early morning for All Apps, Media, etc, and when I wake up and check the phone, I get a warning in bright red letters: "Last Error:Unable to upload BackUP file: SocketTimeoutException"

I am ready to trash this app and seek another cloud, if this keeps happening. Any other backup app suggestions will be appreciated.

Has anybody ever seen this warning?
I do have strong 4G network at my home, which works a whole lot better than my LAN, which is supplied by Frontier, ( Enough said about this carrier ) and is about as fast as my old dialup.

Any responses would be greatly appreciated. I can't be the only one on earth who has seen this warning.
Thanks for the help.

Lyle

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I have mine set to back up to my sd card. Does the cloud storage option have a limit to how much can be stored. It could be the back up is greater than the storage available. Are you backing up over wifi or 4g/3g? It could be that you are losing your data connection or have no data connection which would then prevent the backup. Do you have any battery saving settings that prevent data or wifi from connecting when the screen is off or during the night?

I use both My Backup Pro and Backup Master (free in play store). I like the double protection.

Hope some of these ideas help you pinpoint the problem. Keep us posted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

OP
P

parlyle

Reaction score
Well, I have read your suggestion and the only real solid backup I can get is to the internal SD card. I did have enough space to do an online backup to my account, but..............The last time I set the schedule, again, I woke up in the morning to another Red Letter Warning. I had set it to run in 4G and the connection was viable. I have a battery saver installed, but as to that app preventing the data connection, I don't know. I can't find any setting that shuts off the phone wifi connection at night. Or when hooked to the Dock. It has a Killer choice and I unselected the My Backup Pro before I scheduled the backup.
How do you like the Backup Master app? I looked it up and there were some unfavorable reviews I was concerned about.
Thanks for the response. Things like this are what keeps people young. Probably like crossword puzzles.

Lyle

OP
P

parlyle

Reaction score
Well, I have read your suggestion and the only real solid backup I can get is to the internal SD card. I did have enough space to do an online backup to my account, but..............The last time I set the schedule, again, I woke up in the morning to another Red Letter Warning. I had set it to run in 4G and the connection was viable. I have a battery saver installed, but as to that app preventing the data connection, I don't know. I can't find any setting that shuts off the phone wifi connection at night. Or when hooked to the Dock. It has a Killer choice and I unselected the My Backup Pro before I scheduled the backup.
How do you like the Backup Master app? I looked it up and there were some unfavorable reviews I was concerned about.
Thanks for the response. Things like this are what keeps people young. Probably like crossword puzzles.

Lyle

Success!!!!!

I finally figured out, with all the help, what was causing the problem. I have "Easy Task Killer" installed. As it has been mentioned to locate any app killers, this one was killing the My Backup Pro app. I unchecked it in the Prefs. and did another scheduled backup last night. It was a complete success.
Thanks for all the help!!!!

Lyle

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Titanium Backup Pro FTW!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
+1 My BackupPro ... a lot of people don't know that during one of the upgrades, if you click on restore/apps & data then the APPLICATIONS word, you can recover incdividual files instead of having to restore the whole backup again. I've found this useful at times when an app I knew I used to have is just gone. I goto an old SD backup and recover it.. long live 'Better Alarm Clock' ... long been off the market. :)

OP
P

parlyle

Reaction score
Titanium Backup Pro FTW!!!!!!!!

I was lead to believe that Titanium Backup Pro was only for rooted phones. I did look at it when I was having all the problems, but didn't see anybody using it without the root.
How's your experience with it? I am an app junkie and might have to try that one. I do like My Backup Pro and have even with all my problems with it. I have restored 3 phones with it. I do loose a few apps with each restore, but they are easily recovered in Google Play. I do keep a printout of my apps just for that reason.

Lyle

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Yeah titanium is for rooted people. But have never had an issue with it. Always works as advertised.