My back-up...

Droid_Boi86

Reaction score
That I have made, as of now. 3 backups
Can I use this backups instead of making new ones everytime? Or is it better to back-up everytime before flashin a new rom or theme? One of those back-ups i made is of my phone before I did anything.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My two cents is you only NEED a backup of your stock setup without any rom or theme on the most current system version. But its kind of nice to have multiples so you can switch. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would keep the stock back-up and a fresh one. That's what I do, I keep an old back up which is essentially just stock and rooted. Before flashing a new rom I always make a fresh backup in case I decide to go back to that rom after playing with the new one for a bit. Just my 2 cents. I have the droid 1 though but I am pretty sure it is the same process for the x and or the D2.

I also delete any backups between the original and my latest so they don't take up space.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well one way is you going into recovery(x+power button). If it's stock then I think you have to press volume up and camera at the same time, select backup/restore, select advanced nandroid backup, name it, select astrics, and perform backup

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anytime that I make any change to my OS I make a backup first.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
my phone automatically does a backup every night at 4:00 am ..... that way if something should happen i wont loose any more then 1 days data.