My accounts

DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
Problem with my accounts since gb update. Does not show my corporate sync account although my corporate email still syncs. My calendar wont sync and since account shows it doesn't exist I can't delete it and set it up again.

If I try to enter account under my accounts it wont let me b/c it says it is already present on phone!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lacarlson

Reaction score
Same (or similar) problem

My work email account didn't show up in the account list so I added it again with a new name. Now I get two notifications for each email. The account is still there and active but I cannot access it through "My Accounts"

rexster314

Reaction score
Same with my personal home email. Does not show in Accounts, but has a shortcut in the home folder that works. I still get email, just doesn't show it in the Accounts. Tried to add it and I get a message that the account is already active.

Doeboy

Reaction score
Exact same behavior as DroidNewbie41

I'm getting exact same behavior as DroidNewbie41.

Happened today, spent fair amount of time searching for fix...nothing yet.

octopi

Reaction score
Mine's doing that too!
But with facebook! grrr...

cadams4lsu

Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. I downloaded appmonster, backed up all my apps and reset phone to factory settings...settings>privacy>reset phone....just be sure not to erase your sd card(it is an option)..My phone is working like a champ now.

OP
D

DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
When u did factory reset did u have to install gingerbread again? I was able to add my account a second time with new name but I get three copies of my work emails. LOL.

Think I'll wipe my phone but I hate the thought...

cadams4lsu

Reaction score
The reset took all of about 10 minutes start to finish. After reset I had to put in my gmail stuff again as well as set up my corporate email again. Again backup all your apps with a backup app. I am cheap so I did appbrain and it worked great. The only thong is when you go to reinstall your apps you have to set the settings to download from unapproved sources, but it was no big deal. The biggest pain is getting your phone to look like it did before.

OP
D

DroidNewbie41

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. When I restore to factory settings I will have to reinstall gb won't I?

octopi

Reaction score
Noob question.
When I reset it to the factory settings, will I lose all my photos and contacts? :/
I will, won't I.

cadams4lsu

Reaction score
Not if you backup your photos to your sd card. The reset only resets your phone, not your sd card.

octopi

Reaction score
Hmm.. and the contacts already have that backup thing, correct? o:
/should be shot for not knowing

cadams4lsu

Reaction score
Your contacts should be backed up with your gmail.

octopi

Reaction score
Ahh, thank you, thank you!
I THINK all my photos automatically go to the SD card anyways, so time to reset.