My Accounts ~ Can't Delete

ylomnstr

Reaction score
anyone figure out how to fix this? i'm having the same issue and i'd rather not have to factory rest the phone. thanks.

frank999

Reaction score
Same Problem - NO FIX

I tried EVERY permutation probably 100 times from every angle.

In the end, I gave up and did a factory reset. Restoring is pain, if only because of setting up my default ICON layouts and browser defaults. I wish apps would allow me to remember any setting!

OP
Mule65

Mule65

Reaction score
I'm too entrenched to factory reset. Patiently waiting for an OTA fix. I have two accounts that won't remove.

Technoman

Reaction score
How do you wipe the phone?

Go to "settings", then "Privacy", and then select "Factory Data Reset".

Thanks for the reply. Does this totally wipe everything, and you have to reload all apps, setup accounts, etc...

Yes, although it does leave some things such as pictures, music, and data files that are on the SD card. A format of the SD card would complete the wipe.

garzworld

Reaction score
Change your password

I had this same problem. I am changing jobs and needed to remove my old work email account. I changed the password on that account and my Droid X could no longer connect. This allowed me to get to those account settings that I could not find before. At the bottom of the settings page is a button for removing account. Good Luck!

DTdr2

Reaction score
Same issue here. Can someone build us an app?

parker.sean

Reaction score
Rebuld Account Profile from Scratch

Based on the below quote, I found that since I wasn't able to "update my password" or remove my old account, I instead went in and "Added a new account" with the same information as my old account that wouldn't delete. What happened was that no new account ever appeared under Accounts, however, the "old" account that wouldn't remove suddenly started working and I started receiving emails.

It appears that "adding" a new account actually "updates" the old broken existing account if the information matches reasonably. I cannot tell the exact mechanics behind it, but it seemed to work, on my device anyway.

For the record, the account still appears to be "broken" under Accounts, but it at least works now.

I had this same problem. I am changing jobs and needed to remove my old work email account. I changed the password on that account and my Droid X could no longer connect. This allowed me to get to those account settings that I could not find before. At the bottom of the settings page is a button for removing account. Good Luck!