1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Muting the Camera Click Sound?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Eddog4DROID, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID New Member

Many MODs have muted the camera (which stupidly is not an option in stock!!!)

I am on the Frozen Yogurt Mod which does not include this. Love it so far, just wish it had this option! Is there a way of fixing this issue without changing a whole lot?
  2. lyam

lyam New Member

I did it by using another app I happened to have installed. Tasker allows this and much more. I set a profile to lower the volume when the camera app is started.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that you said clicking. Tasker will not prevent clicking as it is the sound the actual hardware is making. Autofocus? Iris dilation? Not sure.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2010
  3. Jasko

Jasko New Member

Use Root Explorer to rename /system/media/audio/ui/camer_click.ogg

This will disable the camera click sound.
  4. lyam

lyam New Member

Handy method. Is that the shutter sound that occurs after the camera takes a picture?

5. Jasko

Jasko New Member

Yes this is the sound the phone makes after a picture is taken. Normally can be silenced if you turn the volume all the way down, but I find that to be annoying. You can also disable the video recorder sound when you click the record button. In the same directory there's a file for the camcorder sound. Rename VideoRecord.ogg and it will eliminate that as well.
Search tags for this page

use tasker to mute sg3 camera