Mute Shutter Sound option

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the works, but I'd like to put in a vote that (similar to Cyanogen and BB) that in the next Sapphire edition, the shutter sound is muted by default.

I think it is completely shocking that there is no option for this in the first place on Stock. Even my old LG Dare non Smartphone had this option.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the works, but I'd like to put in a vote that (similar to Cyanogen and BB) that in the next Sapphire edition, the shutter sound is muted by default.

I think it is completely shocking that there is no option for this in the first place on Stock. Even my old LG Dare non Smartphone had this option.

open a terminal and type:

su
camsounds off

To learn of other commands you can use, type:

scriptybox

Otherwise, go to the thread in my sig, make a post and I will add it and a few other ideas I've seen/thought of to the op.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Wow, thanks, PERFECT~

Still don't see why Android Stock does not include this basic option.

Quick question: I keep seeing Sapphire 1.1.4; I am using 1.1.1 because on the official website, that is the newest that I see listed. Am I using the right one or should I upgrade?

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks, PERFECT~

Still don't see why Android Stock does not include this basic option.

Quick question: I keep seeing Sapphire 1.1.4; I am using 1.1.1 because on the official website, that is the newest that I see listed. Am I using the right one or should I upgrade?

Sapphire 1.1.4 is one of my unofficial builds of Sapphire from source cvpcs has pushed. I build them every once in a while in between long releases to give the users who are antsy something to flash.

If you want to see what has changed since 1.1.1, check out the changelog:

CHANGELOG at froyo-gem from cvpcs's android_vendor_cvpcs - GitHub

You can get to 1.1.4 by the Unofficial Builds Thread in my sig.

Bert336

Reaction score
i tried the camsounds off and its saying : not found :/

Chris.Go

Reaction score
It means Terminal as in Command Prompt in Windows aka DOS DIR/DEL *.* that kind of thing. You have to get one from the market for free. The Andrew Passlov whatever is the best one.