Mute button

NetComrade

Reaction score
Coming from a blackberry world, i find it annoying that there is no physical mute button.

I found a post earlier that said to install a mute app and a button shortcut app, however, they don't seem to work during an actual call.

I can't be the only one with this complaint.. anyone have an answer?

Beardface

Reaction score
Coming from a blackberry world, i find it annoying that there is no physical mute button.

I found a post earlier that said to install a mute app and a button shortcut app, however, they don't seem to work during an actual call.

I can't be the only one with this complaint.. anyone have an answer?
You can mute yourself during a call. Just take the phone away from your ear and press the mute button on the 'in call' screen. Should look like the typical 'windows' sound icon with a red x through it.

OP
N

NetComrade

Reaction score
I turn the screen off during long calls. Sure I can turn it back on, but it's annoying.

Beardface

Reaction score
I turn the screen off during long calls. Sure I can turn it back on, but it's annoying.
No real need to turn off the screen. As long as you hold the phone to your face, it should turn itself off. And no, its not light sensitive, it detects the electron fields of the atoms on your face to turn itself off.

OP
N

NetComrade

Reaction score
No real need to turn off the screen. As long as you hold the phone to your face, it should turn itself off. And no, its not light sensitive, it detects the electron fields of the atoms on your face to turn itself off.

Well, if that's true, it still makes it a multi-step process to mute the phone.

Beardface

Reaction score

Yes, because looking at the phone and pressing 'mute' is so much more painful than feeling for a mute button and pressing it.

OP
N

NetComrade

Reaction score

Yes, because looking at the phone and pressing 'mute' is so much more painful than feeling for a mute button and pressing it.

Looking on the phone is not a good idea when driving, or it may not be a good idea if the phone is in your pocket while you're on the phone.

Scythe

Reaction score

Looking on the phone is not a good idea when driving, or it may not be a good idea if the phone is in your pocket while you're on the phone.

You do realize you bought a touch-screen phone...?

OP
N

NetComrade

Reaction score
You do realize you bought a touch-screen phone...?
yeah, i also realize it has buttons that could be used during a call.
Do you want your Doid to be the best of the best of the best? Well, to me it "doesn't"

OP
N

NetComrade

Reaction score
because you are to lazy to move the phone a hit a button quickly?

please don't be too lazy to read what i actually wrote.
if you think my points are unreasonable please, elaborate.
else, please thread-crap elsewhere.

dabill

Reaction score
the lack of a physical mute button is seriously annoying for anyone who needs to use their phone as an actual phone... i hit the mute button perhaps 60 or 70 times a day on my blackberry and now on the droid pro it's a pain in the butt... you miss a few words of what people are saying every time you pull the phone away and fumble for the onscreen button.... was really looking forward to the pro but now a few days in it's not feeling much like a business phone after all....

Wolfee57

Reaction score
Why don't you run back to the BlackBerry shop, buy something that will make you happy, and stop wasting our time.