Motorola Turbo 2
Mute button to sensitive anybody else have this issue

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
How are you hitting the mute button? with your ear, finger? a quick search shows it is a common problem if it is with your ear. one solution is to turn off your screen.

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If the proximity sensor is working correctly the screen should automatically shut off when the phone is near your face / ear on a call. Maybe something is blocking the proximity sensor?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
If the proximity sensor is working correctly the screen should automatically shut off when the phone is near your face / ear on a call. Maybe something is blocking the proximity sensor?

I think it's if I hold the phone at an angle with it too far away from my ear but close to my cheek, then the proximity doesn't kick off, never had this on any other phone, happens all the time, need to extend the range of the sensor or hold the phone closer to my ear

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
or you can manually turn off the screen. just press the power to turn off the screen when you get/make a call.
Just make sure you don't have the Power Button Ends Call option selected in the Phone app Settings. That would be an "Oops" moment.

I have never noticed if my Z Force Proximity Sensor is sensitive or not. I haven't held my phone to my ear for a call since I first used Bluetooth in 2010.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Just make sure you don't have the Power Button Ends Call option selected in the Phone app Settings. That would be an "Oops" moment.

I have never noticed if my Z Force Proximity Sensor is sensitive or not. I haven't held my phone to my ear for a call since I first used Bluetooth in 2010.

I have three blue tooth ear pieces that are never comfortable enough and I always get feed back there not fasionable oh well I like the earpices, maybe they will embed cell phone chips someday and we won't need phones like an episode of sliders.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have three blue tooth ear pieces that are never comfortable enough and I always get feed back there not fasionable oh well I like the earpices, maybe they will embed cell phone chips someday and we won't need phones like an episode of sliders.

Try zipbuds26... They're expensive but they're wonderful rechargeable (rapidly) Bluetooth wireless earbuds and the company that makes them is super responsive and helpful. I bought a second pair for$79 the other day. They have a bunch of different choices for ear parts included in the kit, so you can get a perfect comfortable fit no matter what your ears are like. Plus they can be easily changed if your activities sometimes can cause ordinary ones to fall out. Get their emails to notify you of special deals which happens from time to time. Definitely worth the price and sound quality is excellent. They are fashionable too!

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Try zipbuds26... They're expensive but they're wonderful rechargeable (rapidly) Bluetooth wireless earbuds and the company that makes them is super responsive and helpful. I bought a second pair for$79 the other day. They have a bunch of different choices for ear parts included in the kit, so you can get a perfect comfortable fit no matter what your ears are like. Plus they can be easily changed if your activities sometimes can cause ordinary ones to fall out. Get their emails to notify you of special deals which happens from time to time. Definitely worth the price and sound quality is excellent. They are fashionable too!

I still use the cell phone by itself and I tested just getting the mute button within 2 inches of your face will mute as you lift to ear, the problem is the proximity sensor is not kicking in before the mute button senses my face is there a way to increase the proximity sensor range or strength, so it's two bugs, mute button too sensitive due to screen being to sensitive maybe it is detective g heat of my face and or proximity sensor not sensitive enough

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have the Pickup To Stop Ringing option turned on in the Moto app? The mute button should not be triggered 2" away from anything, that's a bit strange.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Do you have the Pickup To Stop Ringing option turned on in the Moto app? The mute button should not be triggered 2" away from anything, that's a bit strange.

I don't have that option on

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2

These aren't earbuds but have a mic and they are cheap but I still use my phone with just the headset. I might try a different dialer that has a less sensitive mute button then the stock z2 force any suggestions?
d365c0d3fd1542cf56efa400cd744f04.jpg