Must have rooted apps?

Mayze

Reaction score
I just rooted my droid and was wondering what are some good root only apps to use?

Right now all I have is adfree.

blu1080

Reaction score
root apps

i have move cache for root users, drocap2, root explorer, autostarts, and android terminal emulator. They all work great. I also have wi-fi tether(not on market) but we dont have the kernal support yet. I have tried quick boot, root booter, overclock widget, setcpu for root users, and open overclocker and none have worked on the droid yet. setcpu says he is working on it so im waiting for an update. hopefully root booter is also working on it!
I had a rooted g1 and Mytouch 3g with t-mo and I bought the droid the day it came out so I've been waiting awhile for this day!:icon_ banana:

OP
M

Mayze

Reaction score
This is the first time I've ever rooted a phone. I'm kinda leary on what apps to use for the fear of bricking it.

blu1080

Reaction score
i've never had a app brick my phone. when rooting was a lot harder I bricked my g1 a few times trying to figure it out but I was always able to fix it with command prompt. but once the root is done I don't know how much chance there is of getting an app that would brick it...its never has happened to me:)

kennedy789

Reaction score
I have been wondering the same thing, i was also wondering after rooting the phone is it possible to put apps from the apple store for the iphone and them work on the DROID

shademar

Reaction score
I think the ability to do full system backups via sprecovery and nandroid is pretty great. I likewise haven't really started exploring what is possible though.

lschmitt

Reaction score
I've had my Droid rooted for about two weeks now and haven't found much out there in regards to apps that I couldn't already use before I rooted it. If you know a lot about adb then it can be really useful. One thing that I did was change my start-up animation. I also was able to remove some of the core apps that I don't use through adb. I suggest you google about adb (Android Debugging Bridge) and learn about the SDK. There isn't much else you can do as of now, I'm sure in time there will be plenty of Moders that will be coming out with some cool stuff soon enough.

Here's some links for you all to check out about the SDK and ADB.

Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers

Android Developers

ms.droid

Reaction score
Rooted Droid

Is it worth rooting your droid? I have a G1 and I'm not entirely sure.

Any advice?

Thank you!

JEchoff

Reaction score
My rooted apps are as follows:

Wireless Tether
Ad Free
Set CPU
Cache Mate
Root Explorer
Titanium Backup
and a few others that come with a root

a simple way to find apps for rooted phones is to just search 'root' into the market

motodroid34

Reaction score
I just rooted my droid and was wondering what are some good root only apps to use?

Right now all I have is adfree.

If I was you at this moment I would gte the following:

Rom manager.
Titanium backup (get the pay one more octions and you will love it)
Root explorer
auto memory
overclock widget (free) this if you are interested on overclocking.

Take a look at these apps and read you'll see.

motodroid34

Reaction score
My rooted apps are as follows:

Wireless Tether
Ad Free
Set CPU
Cache Mate
Root Explorer
Titanium Backup
and a few others that come with a root

a simple way to find apps for rooted phones is to just search 'root' into the market

Yeap.
Cache mate and wireless tether
Note: Set CPU is the same as overclocking widget. Set CPu is not free I have that one too I just like overclocking widget better.

chomorro

Reaction score
Im a first time rooter and it was definitely worth it. It was easy and my phone runs great. I used bug less beast so didn't need the apps some people listed since those features cane with the rom. The ad disable alone is worth it ;) gets rid of pesky ads on the web. Anyways only rooted apps i have are full titanium back up, quick boot, and terminal emulator.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Agreed with Titanium Backup a pro... makes switching roms hassle free. I also bought TempMonitor... probably not absolutely neccessary, but it makes me feel better knowing my CPU isn't melting :)