Must have apps for new Rezound users .............. ??????

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
What. You don't like your Verizon supplied bloatware?!:p

I use

Carbonite. I have Carbonite backup on my desktop at home. So with this app I can access everything on my home computer.
Camscanner. Take a picture of a document. If the contrast is good, it will auto crop and save the document as a pdf. You can then email it from your phone.
Gasbuddy. Find gas prices near you location. Sort by price or distance. Updated by users so prices are very accurate.
pdanet. You can still use your phone as a modem without paying the $20 per month for 2 Gb on mobile hot spot.
Zedge. For the ringtone that you can't live without!

Last edited:

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best apps I use (all are free)...

Media
Shazam
Pandora
Winamp
8tracks
NPR News

Games
Parallel Kingdom
Words Free
Dropwords
Stupid Zombies

Utilities + Other
CPY spy - lets you track your CPU speeds
Elixer - Very powerful - find out temps, speeds, everything about your phone
RealCalc - A scientific calculator
Cardiotrainer - awesome fitness app

Cardiotrainer is great! A nice companion to that is myfitnesspal.

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Team Viewer. Control your PC from your phone. Works great.
QuickDial. One button phone calls.
Lookout Security. Free. Scans all your downloads for bugs.
Gas Buddy. Free. Find the cheapest gas prices near you.
D-Measure. (Free and paid for - I bought it). Allows you to take any photo and put a measurement on it. Very handy.

Jonas

Reaction score
I don't have my rezound yet, but I recommend clockr and minimalist text for changing up your home screen. Oh, and beautiful widgets is great. Getjar is a great and LEGAL place to get paid apps for free.

Sent from my Banana Phone

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A photography app I have on my Incredible and Galaxy Tab for making still shots from videos is called Frame Grabber. If, like me, you want to get a still if a moving object but always seem to shoot too soon or too late, this is an excellent app. The Rezound shoots 30fps on video so that's an opportunity for 30 still shots per second, making getting just the right one much easier and the stills are full resolution

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

redwood

Reaction score
- OI Safe - if you need a password manager

- Mute by MNO - widget that mutes all sounds but alarms

- Sound Manager - allows scheduling for various sounds. Great if you need to have your ringer on at night (I'm always on call for work) but don't want email or text notifications to wake you up

- LTE on/off - you know why

- a file manager - pick your favorite - currently trying OI File Manager. even though it is nowhere near as feature full as Astro or ES, it does most of what I need and is not adware

- FFT by Audia (yes Audia, not a typo) - great FFT audio analyzer...a bit spendy @ $7 but totally worth it

- gStrings tuner - if you're a stringed instrument musician, you need this

Last edited:

HinSD

Reaction score
Since it's got a front facing camera, check out Tango (free). Let's you video chat with another phone that also has Tango installed. You see the person on the other phone on the main screen and you can see yourself on a little inset screen. Pretty neat.

How is it different from Skype?

brenuga

Reaction score
Flash video browser...makes Hulu Plus work on the Rezound...also like GTA 3, riptide gp, flick golf for showing off rezounds screen...WiFi file explorer pro, juice defender, clipper +, shazam, image shrink lite, tapatalk, boat browser, mx video player, WiFi explorer, vlingo, jota text editor, radar now!, business calendar, app organizer

Sorry for lack of explanations but all are indispensable apps for me! :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Since there is no built-in, easy way to silence the phone, I put Silent Mode Widget on the home screen A good alternate is Silent Toggle Widget.

I recently discovered a bug in the listing of the contacts in the Rezound when you go to "Phone", "People" tab, and look up information for your contacts. Any birthday or anniversary before January 1, 1970 shows up as one day later. HTC is aware of this bug, hasn't fixed it yet, and recommended using a third party app until they get around to sending out an update with a fix.

In the meantime, I found and app appropriately named "Contacts" from Contapps, Ltd. which does a beautiful job of showing all the contact information, correctly. It solves another problem that HTC overlooked. If you have an address for a contact that has a long street address, the address shown by the HTC listing is only one line and may cut off some of the zip code information in the address. The Contacts app shown the complete address. An important issue for me, as I use my phone contacts as an addressbook.