Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Accessories' started by danDroid, Oct 18, 2011.
Let us know what accessories you'll be picking up with the Droid RAZR.
I will definitly be picking up lap dock 500 and p893 power pack.
I am getting some screen protectors for it. But, I also would like to know what is the p893 power pack? Where is there a list of all the accessories it will have?
This is the released list from Motorola to verizon wireless as to what accessories they have so far.
1. P893 power pack, is a portable charger pack that can charge the phone even if your using it. Provides charging power over 6hrs long. If you can't find anything about it. It is similar to the p793 power pack by Motorola. $39.99
2. Lapdock 100, is a netbook style computer dock for the razr, 10.1" screen, standard size keyboard. $200.00
3. Lapdock 500, is a laptop style computer dock for the razr, 14.1" screen, full keyboard, no numerical pad area, web cam, 2-3 (unconfirmed how many) USB ports. $300.00
4. HD docking station, allows the use of a Bluetooth keyboard and has full hdmi out turning your HD tv into a personal keyboard, has three USB ports on back $??.??
Also has car docks, chargers, cases, all that standard stuff, you know.
It'd be nice if they would list the when the P893 would be available. Didn't see it when I preordered my RAZR, but it wasn't offering my accessory discount on the site anyhow,so I only added the HD dock.
I just ordered the OEM Motorola P793 Charger for Motorola Droid Razr (170718078985) for <$20 on eBay. The capacity isn't very high, but it's very slim and compact and will do the job if my RAZR craps out before the end of the day.
Here is the official accessories coming out at the same time as the RAZR:
I'll be interested to hear about actual battery life on the razr before purchasing the phone... don't think it's worth it if it needs the battery pack on a regular basis. The vehicle nav dock seems different than the normal car dock, however; is that plug in for some sort of mp3 connection to the car radio, or does it somehow allow charging through that plug? Hmmm... that may be my first accessory purchase, along with a good holster. The MotoActv devices are very cool, but they've priced me right out of that one; I'd be all over it at a more reasonable price, say around $100.
Just ordered a P793 power pack by Motorola from Amazon for $17.62. It's 40 bucks at Verizon.
I want to get a Built NY Smartphone Sleeve but their site doesn't list the size specs. Just says it fits Android phones. Well, there are many models, and the one I just pre-ordered is pretty darn slim. So I emailed them asking for the specs. It's just a simple neoprene sleeve to slide a phone into to help keep it from getting scratched. I don't care for any model protector.
MOTOROLA SMART CONTROLLER - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
This is what I'm looking forward to.
This lets you control the device hooked up to your TV and surf the net, etc. from the sofa?
1. To hook up the RAZR I ordered to a TV I guess you'll need a micro HDMI to HDMI cable, correct?
2. To use the Webtop app on my PC I'll just hook it up via USB, correct?
If I am right about #1 I guess I'll need to get that cable. They're cheap at Amazon. If hooked up with an HDMI cable to a TV (if one had the Motorola Smart Controller it would be worth doing), there would be no need for a dock I would think.
Separate names with a comma.