Must be better than this!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Graikos, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Graikos

Graikos New Member

Hello everyone,

Here is my question. Well, let me quantify it first. I have a D1 and at the moment I am running Pete's Gpa 16. I have used several Roms but in the end I seem to have major redrawing issues and well, poor performance. I do what Peter say's and wipe data and cache 3 times but it really doesn't seem to matter. Same type of issues. I don't post much because I like to try and fix these things on my own. It helps me remember. Although I have a question to you all that I have to ask because I have never done it. Should I save my data on my sd card to my pc and completely format the card? Does the card itself effect the performance of the phone? This I have never tried but I have this feeling that old data, if you will, is interfering with the newly installed rom. I should also mention that 4 out of 7 Roms I installed were Pete's. I don't know if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

A messed up card can cause some problems with performance especially if you have apps installed onto it. A backup to your PC and format may be a good idea. That said, I doubt it is the root of your redraw issues, but it shouldn't hurt hehe.

Have you locked your home into memory?

Have you tried the Bulletproof launcher from http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tproof-launchers-fix-memory-all-androids.html <-- that is different than locking home in memory.
  3. Graikos

Graikos New Member

What do you think the issue is?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  4. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

The common issue on the D1 that causes redraws is lack of free memory. Once the system runs out of memory it kills the home app and makes it restart keeping you waiting for 10 - 30 seconds. I found that on many GB roms. There are two roms that i didn't suffer from that with. Both are Froyo Based and not GB.
    My Personal favorite which is Sourcery Rom (link in my signature if you wanna give it a run).
    The other one is Droid Concepts which you can find a link to in the custom roms section.

I know many GB roms have gotten over the Home redraw issue but in one way or another i found memory issues with most of the ones i tried. I know they work great for some people but i use my phone for work and i have to have a reliable rom which to me it has to be Froyo based.
  5. droidaddict101

droidaddict101 New Member

Its a memory issue. Your home app is being killed by androids task manager

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. Graikos

Graikos New Member

Thanks for the replies, maybe I will try the Sorcery Romand see what happens. droidaddict101, could you elaborate on what you said? Ididn't follow.
    cupfulloflol, I'll take a look at that now, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011