music

GVLBob

Reaction score
Two approaches:

1. Hook your phone up to your computer and then cut and paste the appropriate folders from internal storage to external storage.

2. You could also use the My Files app to do the above. Open the app, select Internal storage, click the desired files to be moved or copied, select either copy or move using the upper right icon, then select the SD card as the destination.

The second one is probably the easier one.

If you wish to be careful, you could do a copy and paste and, when you've confirmed the successful move, delete the old files.

brobox

Reaction score
Two approaches:

1. Hook your phone up to your computer and then cut and paste the appropriate folders from internal storage to external storage.

2. You could also use the My Files app to do the above. Open the app, select Internal storage, click the desired files to be moved or copied, select either copy or move using the upper right icon, then select the SD card as the destination.

The second one is probably the easier one.

If you wish to be careful, you could do a copy and paste and, when you've confirmed the successful move, delete the old files.

I just tried that for moving apps to the SD card and it worked! I forgot to copy my apps from the RAZR, so I am loading them all again, this time saving them to the SD card.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you meant by "moving apps to the SD card". Can you describe what exactly you were doing.

When you reload apps to your phone and then use the App manager to "move them to the SD card", keep in mind that (1) many apps can't be moved and (2) for those that can, this really only moved part of the app to the SD card.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

brobox

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you meant by "moving apps to the SD card". Can you describe what exactly you were doing.

When you reload apps to your phone and then use the App manager to "move them to the SD card", keep in mind that (1) many apps can't be moved and (2) for those that can, this really only moved part of the app to the SD card.

I was following your steps to move music using the app "My Files". I opened Device Storage and saw the one and only app I had loaded so far. So for kicks I opened the SD card, made a file called Apps and was able to move the app to the SD card and place it in the apps folder. The app is no longer in "Device storage" but is now showing on the "SD memory card". I checked and this app is working. I was hoping this would be a way to save my apps on the SD card, maybe it is saving the name only?

Let me know your theory on this. I was going to load all of my apps today and it would be nice to have them all on the SD card this time.

GVLBob

Reaction score
I think that the actual app is hidden and you are actually moving a data file. Anyone know if that is the case?

The right way to do what you want is via the application manager under settings. Open the app and see if it will allow you to move it to the SD card. Only some apps can be and then only partially.

brobox

Reaction score
You are correct. Only one app shows on the SD card with 0 bytes. The app I thought I moved still shows under downloaded @ 2.43 MB. Looked like a good idea, but I needed to reload and clean up all of my apps anyhow. One of these days, there might be a good way to save apps on un-rooted phones.

GVLBob

Reaction score
You are correct. Only one app shows on the SD card with 0 bytes. The app I thought I moved still shows under downloaded @ 2.43 MB. Looked like a good idea, but I needed to reload and clean up all of my apps anyhow. One of these days, there might be a good way to save apps on un-rooted phones.

No, it's not a good idea. If you could unhide the actual app and move it, you could keep it from working properly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD