music

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a few different ways. You can mount your Droid to your computer and drop it in file by file, OR you can get a program on the internet that's free called Double Twist that is made to work with iTunes and will load your music that way.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Double Twist works rather well if you're accustomed to itunes use of playlists. For the longest time I never used playlists but once I started it made syncing a lot easier.

PridgNYC

Reaction score
Motorola Media Link will also sync your iTunes or Windows media player (zune) music and playlists to the droid. It will also do your pics and videos. I haven't tried double twist because once I figured out how to use Motorola Media Link, it has worked perfectly for me.

mdnt

Reaction score
Motorola Media Link will also sync your iTunes or Windows media player (zune) music and playlists to the droid. It will also do your pics and videos. I haven't tried double twist because once I figured out how to use Motorola Media Link, it has worked perfectly for me.

What/where is Motorola Media Link? An Android Market search gave no results ...

Scribble

Reaction score
I heard there's an app in the market called CD Osmosophier... Apparently you just stack your CDs on top of the DROID and it burns them all to MP3 format.

Really weird... ;)

I use Media Monkey. Awesome program... and it's also open source like Android! :D

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Double Twist works rather well if you're accustomed to itunes use of playlists. For the longest time I never used playlists but once I started it made syncing a lot easier.

+1 on this comment with a !. I have about 2400 songs on my iPod. If I loaded them all on my Droid I'd have no room for anything else. Using DoubleTwist and the playlist features I can download a selected set of songs by artist or genre for the phone and maintain a master on my computer.

PridgNYC

Reaction score

MML runs on the PC to sync your media to the droid, so it won't be in the market place. You can download it here Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA

PridgNYC

Reaction score
I heard there's an app in the market called CD Osmosophier... Apparently you just stack your CDs on top of the DROID and it burns them all to MP3 format.

Really weird... ;)

I use Media Monkey. Awesome program... and it's also open source like Android! :D

I tried Media Monkey a while ago, and all I could ever get it to do is crash repeatedly on Vista/32. gave up on it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
OR you can get a program on the internet that's free called Double Twist that is made to work with iTunes and will load your music that way.
There are quite a few options for syncing. In addition to the ones already mentioned there is also iTunes Agent and Sailing Media Sync. Probably others as well.

Don't overlook searching here as well (as general advice).

mdnt

Reaction score

Really weird... ;)
Thanks, I'll look for that one ... should work well with the magic wand my mother keeps telling me to use ... :rolleyes: