Music won't stop skipping

Discussion in 'Droid Concepts' started by jayman350, May 6, 2011.

1. woodyman

woodyman Senior Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    I love music BETA!! took longer than i would like to upload all my songs, but now that i have them all i couldn't be happier, no more songs on SD Card for me.. :)

2. Bigwally

Bigwally New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Videos skip too

I just noticed that the music is skipping on my phone too. Not sure if it is related but I also noticed that videos I had taken with my phone skip also. They didn't use to skip but they are now. Running build 10. Anybody else have skipping videos?

3. woodyman

woodyman Senior Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    after thinking about this a little, i may have an idea what it could be. I think it may be the read ahead on the SD Card right now its at 'read_ahead_kb 4084' so that may cause an issue if its reading to far ahead?? I'm not sure I'm going to cut it in half for the release of build 11, so if build 11 is better on music/videos please report back here in this thread, same thing if its the same or worse, if that is causing the issue it should either climate it or at least reduce it somewhat. But if it stays the same then i'll try removing the read ahead, and if that still doesn't fix it then the read ahead will stay at the current spot. So we will see what happens, maybe since some of the SD Cards are 'old' they can't handle the read ahead and it causes the skipping, because its not something everyone reports only a few, so if that is whats causing it it's only doing it to a few..

4. bkcdroid

bkcdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    More crazy behavior - last evening, phone in car dock, music became chipmunk fast - a unique perspective to be sure! Never happened before, and did not stop until a reboot... I have driven thousands of miles with mp3 music playing - this is new to me...
    Related issue?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

5. woodyman

woodyman Senior Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    yes more than likely all the same issue, I'm just thinking some of the phones/sd cards don't like the read ahead value to be that high.... we will see soon enough.. :)

Search tags for this page
music player skips during playback on kindle
android music player skipping

how do i get my droid to stop skipping

how do i stop music from skipping on my android phone?
kindle fire music skipping

kindle skipping during songs

stop music from skipping in phone

stop my android music from skipping

why wont my android play music without skip
why wont my music stop skipping on my phone