Music Volume

MLoprete

Reaction score
Happy I read this thread, was very disappointed in the speaker. My media volume setting was quite low though. This thing is blasting loud to me now that I turned it up..and not all the way either.

DragonScorpion

Reaction score
Hmmm... Yeah, this is interesting. Surprised at such vastly conflicting anecdotes though.

I've been trying to decide whether to go with the Motorola X or the HTC Thunderbolt. I liked some things about both. The TB seemed to have a lot of technical advantages, including camera, processing and download speed {no 4G here so that's not a big issue yet}. But then I liked the HDMI access on the X and also the physical buttons made it much less likely to bump them accidentally when holding it, unlike the TB. I can tell that's going to be a problem. Perhaps a case will make a difference though...

Two things have concerned me the most about the TB, outside of some extra cost,
1) a technical review I read which mentioned the TB not taking good pictures in lower-light settings as compared to some other phones,
2) the speakers did not seem to be nearly as loud when I compared them.

I think I can live with the camera lighting issue. The sound, not so much. If it does provide less media volume than the X, and it's a problem a patch can't fix, then I'd say that's a deal breaker for me.