Music Volume

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by stuigi, Mar 17, 2011.

1. stuigi

stuigi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's cool. I am just a bit overly sesitive about this. I'll get over it, Hopefully:)

It would be nice though if they could raise the volume a few Db via a patch

2. spazzym

spazzym New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My volume is low on media too. Settings are all the way up so I don't know. May have to make a trip back to VZW as well. :(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

3. ANGERisMYgift

ANGERisMYgift Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just checked mine even though I mostly listen to music through head phones, and I was pretty impressed ... I'm thinking a lil louder than my OG Droid and better quality.

ThunderBolt- non rooted (for now)

4. TcRoc

TcRoc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting ,,mine is quite loud

5. paladin732

paladin732 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is insanely loud. Louder then my Droid 1 and Droid 2 (btw, does OG droid stand for original generation droid?) I was never able to hear the music player from either Droid while in the shower, the Thunderbolt is quite clear and easy to hear in it

Make sure that you have media volume up, in the volume settings in the control panel there are about 4 levels that you can set

6. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Original gangster or Olive Garden

7. stuigi

stuigi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All of my volume controls are at their loudest and I spoke to VZ on the phone and they connected me with an HTC representative. So far there have been no reported issues on their end. I suggest that anyone else feeling it is too low call VZ an let them note it.
    Maybe my expectations were too high (no pun intended) as my omnia side by side was louder. If I open the kick stand and place it on a wooden table it is louder, though not the "dolby surround" loudness I was expecting. And yes if I use headphones it is plenty loud. I can live with it and hope that in the future there will be an update

8. Shelooga

Shelooga Member

Ratings:
    +0
    mine seems normal. im very sensitive to loud noises though so maybe i just think mines fine but is really low.

a few things to consider though...
    not every mp3 is recorded on the same level and some songs just arent 'loud'. i play music softly through my phone at work and i keep the volume as low as it can go and i can barely hear it. every now and then i hear nothing for ten minutes because a few quiet songs come on..
    also, having the kickstand in deadens the waves, and having the speaker face away from you also directs them away (my name is captain obvious). these are things to take into onsideration if you feel it is too low.

or maybe you do have a bum speaker, and if you do definitely go back asap, exchange, and try the new one before you go home with it.

9. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    May want to get a hearing test (no offense intended), a Droid is easily loud enough to hear in a shower. Background noise (the water) would only drown out music this loud because of your hearing range, I know I'm half deaf in one ear...my frequency range is severely limited because of this ( I can't hear high pitch..watch beeps, certain alarms, certain smoke detectors, certain music devices with tiny range limited speakers well at all).

10. stuigi

stuigi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The least you could have said was, "Can you hear me now?"

11. runswithpickles

runswithpickles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had no issues with the media speaker volume. It's as loud if not louder than my Droid OG.

But I am having issues with hiss using the headphone jack. I've got a pair of Yurbuds that hiss like crazy. So bad that you can't listen to music even if you have it cranked up. But then I throw on my old, crappy Phillips sportband type headphones and the hiss is gone by I have to turn the volume to 9 out of a theoretical 10 to get decent volume.

My Yurbduds worked perfectly with my Droid OG.

Anyone else having issues?

12. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    Try a media player that does not need the android media server, I believe Cubed doesn't.

Search tags for this page
can you increase inside volume of an htc thunderbolt phone?
droid charge music volume too low
droid media player loud volume
how thunderbt louder volumr
htc thunderbolt music low

htc thunderbolt volume too low

verizon s volume low music
why is my htc dna not playing music loud?