Music tagged on pc but not on Droid...

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by Zee1, Mar 2, 2010.

  1. Zee1

    Zee1 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! I am a new member and, forgive me, but I am DIAL-UP at my house - long story... so if this has already been addressed I apologize... it takes FOREVER for the older discussion pages to load... anyway, I just got my Droid on Sunday and when I transferred my music to the SD card it all shows up as under one single Album and one Artist... I have checked and it is all appropriately tagged on my pc and in the window when I view the files on the SD card... I am confused... and I really, really do not want to build a playlist for each album and artist!!!!! Especially where I already took the time to make sure everything was tagged properly before transferring it!!!! THANKS... :)
     
  2. dvdcatalyst

    dvdcatalyst Guest

    Ratings:
    +0
    If you tagged them in iTunes, they are saved in the library, not in the file itself, so if you transfer them from there, they will not have the tags.

    For video I use a tool called MetaX (it is a free MP4 tagger) but I have no idea what to use for audio.
     
  3. GeLopez

    GeLopez Member

    Joined:
    Nov 29, 2009
    Messages:
    683
    Likes Received:
    8
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Dallas TX
    Ratings:
    +8
    mp3 yes for tags / wma NOT

    in my case tagging .mp3 files works but tagging .wma files fail to show on the droid
     
  4. Gillyanne

    Gillyanne New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2010
    Messages:
    26
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Location:
    DC metro Area
    Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    VZW Note 3
    you may need to change the ID tag version. I know this was a problem I was having with another phone or Mp3 player in the past.

    I'm not sure how to do it on other applications, but on Itunes you can right click on the selection of songs and then "Convert ID3 tags" and tick "ID3 tag" and select V1.1 from the drop down list (I think that's the version I've used). I converted all my tags back when I had the original problem and my tags come up correctly on my droid when I just used a file drag and drop from my music folder.
     
Search tags for this page

android edit id3 tags