Music stops when phone idles

warped1987

Reaction score
I have my phones shut-off screen timer set to like 2 minutes, I tried using the stock Music Player AND PowerAMP and both have the problem, after the phones screen goes black the music stops playing a minute or so after. I've removed everything from the auto-end list in my task, manager, I've selected all the options I can see to keep the music playing but nothing works.

It's weird because my TuneIn radio app plays all the time when the screen is timed out.

Someone please help

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

hesty24

Reaction score
This might help

I was having the same problems, called verizon (worthless), almost. They did tell me to do a force stop on my music player and clear cashe, which did nothing, and then they were talking about doing a hard reboot.

I was like you warped1987, I cleared my task manager off all apps, but didn't do the following which WORKS!!!!! Settings/ Applications/ task manager/ Force stop, and then after that CLEAR CASHE!!!!!!!!!! I am slowly adding back my auto end programs to see which program is the culprit. Haven't found it yet, but I will, let me know how this turn out for you!