Music stops playing

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by AFMDroid, Apr 2, 2010.

1. AFMDroid

AFMDroid New Member

The music on my Motorola Droid will suddenly stop playing at times, regardless if I'm using standard music player or "3" music player. I can't always force it to happen at will, but once it starts, it's hard to keep the music playing for any period of time. Unfortunately, it seems to happen when I move my headphone cable a certain way. I hear a popping/crackling noise, then the music player just closes. Also, the same popping and music player shutdown happened when using a stereo cable in the AUX input in my car, so I worry it's something hardware related. I'm on Ultimate Droid v9 ROM and am overclocked, but this happened even before I rooted my phone.

Anyone else have or hear of this issue?
  2. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i have had mine shut off a couple of times while plugged into my cars stereo system. it has happened with both the stock music player and btunes. there were no funky noises first though, it would just randomly stop.
  3. BigRalphN

BigRalphN New Member

player

Mine will do thaat as well. It is supposed to be a feature. Unplug the headphones and the player stops. Unfortunately the headphone jacks on these SUCK. One bump and they crackle as described and often turn off the player. My sons does it as well as does a guy at work. I do not plan on replacing since the next may do the same
  4. AFMDroid

AFMDroid New Member

Ahh, good point. I could have sworn that in the past the music just played through the speaker when the headphones were unplugged, but I just tried again, and the player does just stop. Doesn't help my problem much, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who this happens to.
  5. shiccy

shiccy New Member

I've not had this problem but once or twice. My suggestions are to not move around the headphone jack once plugged in, and possibly try a brand new set of headphones. I bought the super expensive cable for my car from best buy (didn't realize it when I picked it up, colored me surprised when it was $20 after tax for a freaking 6' cord!), and have never had trouble with it. I also own a pair of $40 headphones, which have cut out once or twice, but it was because I was messing around. Both are gold plated, both are higher quality cords/headsets. Try it out and see what you get :)

PS- the headphone jack is one that has a 90 degree angle right after the jack plug in. Maybe that would help to buy one like this for you?
  6. BigRalphN

BigRalphN New Member

I use a $35 gold cable and a set of bose earbuds at $115. I have tried other cables as has my son. Jack still sucks.
Search tags for this page

android music stops

android music.pauses move ohone
android why player stops
headphone jack keeps stopping and playing bbz10
music aux stops when taking a video
music on my phone stops when i move
my galaxy 3 stops playing music after one song and i have to
phones music stops when i move
playing a game stops music on android
problems with android centura music player song starts then
why does my music randomly stops playing for a period of time