Music stopping and starting while on motorcycle

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Honeybadger, May 4, 2010.

1. Honeybadger

Honeybadger New Member

I've been trying to figure this out, but intermittently, my music cuts in and out when on my bike. It's not the widget on my home screen, I removed it, same problem. I'm 95% sure it's unlocking somehow during the vibration (I've dried locking apps, the drawn lock, and standard lock. all act the same way) and then somehow getting to the notification screen and pausing it there. All my other sounds (text messages, GPS, notifications) work without cutting in and out.

Is there a way to get my droid to stop cutting my music in and out? It's driving me absolutely insane.

Phone is a moto droid. It's less than two months old.
  2. Vitticeps

Vitticeps New Member

It's a bad headphone jack. When you unplug the headphone it pauses the music. When the bad headphone jack vibrates from the road it breaks the connection and pauses the music.

I'd suggest getting it replaced but it seems to be such a widespread problem I doubt the new one would be any better. Still worth a shot though.
  3. Honeybadger

Honeybadger New Member

The headphone jack unplugging pauses the music, but replugging the headphones doesn't unpause the music. So I doubt it's that, because my music cuts back -in-

I hope I don't have to replace the phone, because I bought it through best buy online for an insane deal ($20) and as a result, would be without a phone for two weeks >_<
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  4. Vitticeps

Vitticeps New Member

Could always try an experiment to see. Try using some flexible tape, like electrical tape, to very securely tape the headphone plug into the jack and go for a spin. If your problem goes away or is dramatically reduced then it is most likely the headphone jack.

I'm still betting on the jack though. Mine kinda cuts out and crackles and pops when I'm working out anytime I disturb the cord near the plug/jack. I can just twist the plug in the jack and duplicate it on demand.
  5. Wraith

Wraith New Member

Could also be the power supply? When I stop my car and my 12VAux power turns off, my music goes to pause. Not touching the headphone jack at all.

???
Search tags for this page

android music player keeps pausing in car

android music stopping/starting

android player keeps stopping

droid bionic keeps pausing music, jack

headphones cut out on motorcycle