Music starts playing after I pulled out the earphone

bryant_16

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Currently I'm using bTunes and before I pulled out my earphone, I exited the bTunes application and immediately after pulling out my earphone, the Music application starts by itself and starts playing. Really an embarassment in the office.

Is there any fix for this?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Embarassing only if youre listening to Lady Gaga... haha. Strange this would happen. I don't use this app I stick to the stock music player. Any settings in the app about this issue?

sdierks

Reaction score
What Rom are you using? I have had the same problem intermittently on bugless beast V1.0 with mixzing.It doesnt happen all the time but every now and than it does?

OP
B

bryant_16

Reaction score
I'm using stock rom 2.1, no custom rom at all. Yesterday I test it, always happen

Bufhimat

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me. I don't have any music, just a few notifications, but my phone always plays the same one every time I pull out the phones.
At first I thought it was an actual notification, but I haven't set the sound it plays as anything else on the phone.
It doesn't matter what app is open or not either. I can plug the phones in and pull them right out and it'll play the sound.
I use stock 2.1 also. I've noticed this since I started hooking my phone up to the car stereo to listen to Pandora. Pandora certainly doesn't have any Sonic 3 score screen music in their libraries :p

td854

Reaction score
It is a bug related to a button on some official droid headphones or some such that automatically starts party shuffle. Since headphones from other companies don't have this button pulling or jiggling the plug can occasionally cause it to start from what I'm guessing is a short between the switch contacts inside the plug where the contacts for the button are. There's no way to turn it off yet that I know of. When my phone was new it did it every time i pulled the plug out but as it's gotten used it's happened less and less, I'm guessing from things like dust and fuzz getting down in there from being in my pocket.

I was hoping they would fix it in 2.1 but it doesn't look that way. Since I have mine going through the aux input in my car it can be kinda annoying when you're listening to internet radio, you hit a bump or something and then the thing starts going into party shuffle, but like I said it doesn't happen nearly as much now.