Music "skipping" on MOTO Droid?

DJTURNz

Reaction score
This is weird, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say my DROID was skipping while playing music. I was riding my motorcycle with one earbud in. The music would stop for several seconds to a minute at a time. At one point I thought the phone must have just locked up for a couple minutes, but then it started playing again.

When I got home (roughly 1 hour commute) I had a missed call and 3 more tweets than when I left. I understand that it might blank out for a second for a missed call or tweet, but that wouldn't explain that it was probably off 40% of my ride home.

Any thoughts?

This has never happened when I was using it at the gym or mowing grass.

Reaction score
I've had similar things happen, mostly in my car through my bluetooth receiver. Can't remember if it's happened using wired buds or not.

droider4life

Reaction score
This is weird, but if I didn't know any better, I'd say my DROID was skipping while playing music. I was riding my motorcycle with one earbud in. The music would stop for several seconds to a minute at a time. At one point I thought the phone must have just locked up for a couple minutes, but then it started playing again.

When I got home (roughly 1 hour commute) I had a missed call and 3 more tweets than when I left. I understand that it might blank out for a second for a missed call or tweet, but that wouldn't explain that it was probably off 40% of my ride home.

Any thoughts?

This has never happened when I was using it at the gym or mowing grass.
is your phone rooted? Mine did this over the weekend for the first time ever. I am rooted running UD 5.0.1 with Lunar theme on it overclocked to 1.2

droider4life

Reaction score
gotcha, well nothing wrong with that.. I wonder whats causing this? i was thinking it came from my last update that i did on friday but now i am not sure since your having the same problem.. i am running froyo 2.2. mine was without earbuds just playing it normal.

Reaction score
I've had problems from 2.01, 2.1, 2.1 rooted, and running CM6 (which is 2.2).

So I figured it was just my receiver. Which it just may be. But ya never know. I'll run through the aux cable for a while and see what happens.

droider4life

Reaction score
I've had problems from 2.01, 2.1, 2.1 rooted, and running CM6 (which is 2.2).

So I figured it was just my receiver. Which it just may be. But ya never know. I'll run through the aux cable for a while and see what happens.
wow so you have had this problem for a long time. Maybe you should try a different music player. Are you using the Stock music player?? I think i am going to try "Mixzing" from the market its free and ive used it before without any problems..

stanwelks

Reaction score
This has happened to me while streaming music and having it plugged into a car charger.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
I had some motorokor Bluetooth headphones that couldn't stream Slacker/Pandora and and then stream to the headset. It was the same issue stated above.

I think it just doesn't work if you're streaming onto your Droid and then streaming off of it too (which is essentially what is happening when you play music via Bluetooth).

Reaction score
I had some motorokor Bluetooth headphones that couldn't stream Slacker/Pandora and and then stream to the headset. It was the same issue stated above.

I think it just doesn't work if you're streaming onto your Droid and then streaming off of it too (which is essentially what is happening when you play music via Bluetooth).

Well it "skips" with me routinely playing mp3s off my sdcard. So even if what you suggest is true (which it shouldn't be since everything is buffered, so by the time you get around to a part of the song it's basically no different from a file on your phone, and if it skips because of bad data connection then it has nothing to do w/ streaming off the phone too) there's still other things happening.

I thought it was just bluetuth stuttering, and one or two times i saw my phone/car lost complete connection with each other. But it happens to me plugged into the aux jack to so something else is going on.

K

killabyte

My phone also suffers from the random studder. It can happen while playing music but most noticeably at night - I use a metronome app and at random times it will skip a beat or get off time just a hair. It most definitely does this if I get a message or notification of some sort but it's been happening more often when there are no notifications.

I suspect there's some service or something running in the background that's causing it to do it. Maybe checking for an update or something. Could also be the radio dropping 3g connectivity and searching for a signal possibly?

echo6280

Reaction score
My Droid1 kind of snaps and pops occasionally when listening to MP3s. It seems to happen most often when I have it pluuged into my guitar amp so I can listen to the music while I'm playing. It's pretty irritating. Seems to have started doing it within the last two weeks or so.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its because of the poorly build/designed headphone jack. Its the one horrid design of the droid by motorola.