music randomly stops for no reason

idk5

Reaction score
like thew title says my bionic is randomly pausing my music no matter what app i am using
i have used stock music - pauses, google music beta -paused, rhapsody - pauses, tune in radio - pauses

it doesn't matter if i am using my Bluetooth headset, wired headphones, or the speaker on it, it will pause anywhere from 2 minutes to 4 hours of playing music its getting really annoying anybody else having this problem. and i don't really want to reset AGAIN i already have a few other times for other problems this phone had.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Where are you storing music? Internal or external?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
idk5

idk5

Reaction score
both and also playing music from a stream. i forgot to mention that it happens wile using Pandora too i use that player alot.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you have anything on the auto-kill list, take it off. Known problems come from odd places such as Gallery being on the auto-kill list. So it can be something that seemingly would not be related.

Good luck.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Odd, I listen to music constantly every day, only time I've experienced issues is when I've gone way up north from Atlanta and the data gave out on me while using Google Music. Never had problems with PowerAMP though...

However this did happen to me ALL THE TIME with my X2. So it does seem like something within the OS, but not necessarily something that's universal to all of them...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Crazy how all these new phones have so many problems with music as I played music on my Eris (or the "poor mans OG Droid) FLAWLESSLY for almost two years, used Winamp for the majority of that....

GeneralZod

Reaction score
If you have anything on the auto-kill list, take it off. Known problems come from odd places such as Gallery being on the auto-kill list. So it can be something that seemingly would not be related.
Is this part of the standard OS? If so, where can it be found? Thanks.

S

SFGate

Have also had this problem with my PC, so not necessarily confined to phones with android.

OP
idk5

idk5

Reaction score
i should also note that Netflix is starting to randomly pause too
anybody else having that happen?

dag180

Reaction score
I had this same exact problem and it was driving me absolutely crazy. Anyways, I'm going to take a wild guess that you use Google Listen to manage your podcasts (hopefully). That's the problem. There's a bug in that software apparently. I uninstalled Google Listen and now I can listen to music with no pausing. Changed my life. Good luck!

OP
idk5

idk5

Reaction score
I don't have google listen

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums