Music randomly stopping...

defrank1988

Reaction score
So ever since I got the phone I never really messed around with trying to hear music on it, but today I happen to decide to do so and only to find out that after about 2 minutes the music goes on pause and it wont come back on unless I open up the app and press play. Anyone else having this problem? not sure if its a motorola problem or an android problem...by the way I was using Mod Music app to listen.

google123

Reaction score
Have you tried out other music alps to eliminate the app being the culprit?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
D

defrank1988

Reaction score
Yea and it does the same thing...not sure if its a setting or an android problem...but its very frustrating

google123

Reaction score
Hmm, ok I just installed music mod to see if I can help out. You may need to do a factory reset if it also happens with other music apps tho. I usually use winamp, Mort player, or PowerAmp and haven't had that problem.

OP
D

defrank1988

Reaction score
I think i may have found the solution...so far. I think the problem was that the stock task manager was killing the process. So i removed everything from the "auto-end" list and went into settings and then applications and into Task Manager and cleared the data. Im not sure if this is only with this stock app but it could also be the case with other task manager apps. But so far everything has been working fine...listening to an audiobook 21min and going...

google123

Reaction score
Ok, glad you found a solution. I don't like using task managers and stuff.

avdroid2k

Reaction score
Music Stops RESOLVED

When playing music it stops playing 2 minutes after screen times out.

SOLUTION: Do not Auto-End -- Gallery -- in Task Manager.

It worked for me.

Taegost

Reaction score
How do you get into Task Manager? This is the first I've heard of it, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

bwhite757

Reaction score
This is one of many reasons most Android power users will tell you to get rid of any task manager. Android os already has a great built-in memory/app manager. A lot of problems can be remedied by simply allowing the Android OS to do its job the way it was intended.

Unfortunately the Pro has a bloated add-on task manager that you have to be rooted to get rid of. It was one of the first apps to go as soon as I rooted.

Sent from the DPro

rafeee2

Reaction score
This is one of many reasons most Android power users will tell you to get rid of any task manager. Android os already has a great built-in memory/app manager. A lot of problems can be remedied by simply allowing the Android OS to do its job the way it was intended.

Unfortunately the Pro has a bloated add-on task manager that you have to be rooted to get rid of. It was one of the first apps to go as soon as I rooted.

Sent from the DPro

Can't you just - without rooting - turn off that AUTOKILL option and keep the task manager? Wouldn't this have the same effect?