Music Playing from S3 and Computer Stereo Speakers

Discussion in 'Android Audio and Video' started by Vulcan1600, Dec 20, 2012.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +153
    Ok, a few weeks ago I bought this cheap OTG adapter on eBay for my S3 and it works for playing movies from my cruzer drive. Other than that I could think of nothing else I'd really like to use it for. Tonight I had a brainstorm. I have speakers that came with a computer I bought but never used. Turns out they are USB. I came up with this idea, what if I connected the USB to the OTG, so I did. I turned on the speakers power button and voila the blue power light comes on. I then plugged in the stereo plug into the top of the phone, turned on Pandora, and it works! Wow, what a cheap way to get external speakers working. Speakers were sitting in the closet for about 3 years, now they can come into use for me. Now if I could only figure out a way to be charging the battery while Pandora is playing.

I just thought I'd share this if anyone else hadn't thought of it. Of course, I'm not too bright with technology sometimes, but quite pleased with my findings that I wanted to share.
  2. xPosTech

xPosTech New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First, sorry for answering an old post.

Adding a charge (and a little more speaker power) is as simple as using a dual USB power cable made for portable CD/DVD drives. Plugged into the OTG and speakers, you will have one more USB connector to plug into a wall wart or 12V car charger.

Regards
    Ted
Search tags for this page
how do you play galaxy s3 through computer speakers
how to play music from samsung galaxy through computer speak

how to play songs from galaxy s4 to external speakers

how to play speakers through samsung s3

how to use and external speaker with my samsung s3
make my samsung s3 pc speakers
play music from s3 to computer
play music on samsung s3 with speaker
play pandora s3 to computer