Music Players

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Which player are you using? I noticed the player I used on my Dinc didn't work as well on my DX. So I am curious if there are better options for the Maxx.

Sorry if this has been discussed, I searched and didn't see it.

Thank you in advance!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I use and love UberMusic. It may not have the most equalizer settings for audiophiles, but aesthetically, it's fantastic. I've always loved the Zune player interface (and I guess now it's the Windows Phone interface), and this allows for a carbon copy of it (so much so that I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't sued). You can also download other skins for it if you don't like the Zune look.

jeff70

Reaction score
I'll put a vote in for PowerAMP

I have used PowerAMP for a couple of years now and have had no problems with it; great sound, nice interface, great features I highly recommend it

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Going to have to check out that UberMusic, I have always owned a Zune and loved their interface. I refuse to own an Ipod because of my disgust with Itunes, will download Uber and give it a go. The stock music app is so heinous I usually just listen to Pandora.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Going to have to check out that UberMusic, I have always owned a Zune and loved their interface. I refuse to own an Ipod because of my disgust with Itunes, will download Uber and give it a go. The stock music app is so heinous I usually just listen to Pandora.

It's a great player. I've been using it since the first alpha builds the developer put out. PowerAMP is probably the most powerful, feature rich player out there for Android, as jeff70 mentioned. But nothing beats the UI of the Zune music player interface for me. There's a Metro skin and a Zune skin that you can download. They're both extremely similar, but I like the overall look of the Metro skin the best.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
"I'll buy that for a dollar", (sorry crappy Robocop reference).

Anyway paid for and downloading now, thanks again for the mention of this app. Sorry OP didn't mean to jack your thread, hopefully one of these will work well for you too. I am not one that needs a feature rich player, I need one that is easy and pleasant to navigate. Looks like this will be perfect for me.

MightyT01

Reaction score
Mixzing has been great for all my Droids.

Tapped from my Droid Razr Maxx

gthotie5

Reaction score
Any app with beats support?

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using DroidForums

jtc303

Reaction score
I use n7player... cool interface and functions... lock screen controls as well

Love my Maxx... verryy happy with my upgrade from the X

smalldroid34

Reaction score
Poweramp is king, UI is lacking, but its a music player, sound quality is most important. If I could get N7 UI with poweramp's sound, what a day that would be

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2