music player?

wkearney99

Reaction score
It's not a matter of functionality being missing entirely. Yes, you can build playlists on the device. But how you do it is the problem. Onsie-twosie picking tracks gets old fast. Yes, it's better than nothing. People are asking for better functionality than that. That seems like a reasonable request.

If you're fine with the current methods then good for you! Some of us would like a bit more. Me, I'd like better handling and presentation of the tracks based on genres. Something that the built-in player does not have at all.

everstar80

Reaction score
Really? I think the stock music player is great when you have earphones. It could however be louder without them for when you don't have earphones.

andrew23215

Reaction score
I'm actually gonna try to get a replacement because my droid 2 freezes every single time I listen to music. It's freakin rediculous. My brothers droid 2 doesn't even do that.

OP
B

brsmith23

Reaction score
I'm actually gonna try to get a replacement because my droid 2 freezes every single time I listen to music. It's freakin rediculous. My brothers droid 2 doesn't even do that.

Glad im not the only one having these issues!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Strange that I have not had a single issue. I got lucky this time!

CharlieDog

Reaction score
I've been having trouble with the stock music player not recognizing my songs, and skipping to the next song in the list. I'm not really using the playlist part, I just shuffle the songs anyway, but it gets old fast when 25% of your songs aren't found or recognized, even when ALL of your music is recognized files. I don't have any DRM music on here either, so what gives?

Sorry if I should have started a new thread.. Didn't see the point though if we're all talking about the stock player.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Since I've had no problems with my new D2, I wonder how you guys could be having all these problems.

I was just listening to the radio and they have a segment where people call in and talk with a tech guy to answer tech questions.

Sure enough a guy had a problem with his "Droid" phone having problems recognizing his music files and freezing issues since the 2.2 update. He said he didn't have the problems before the update. This guy said he took his phone to a Verizon store and they upgraded him to a new Droid.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I use an app called "music player". I wish it was a widget so i could have it on my lockscreen BUT.. making a playlist is a walk in the park. You can't sort by genre but you can sort by artist, album or songs. Just click the song and it adds it to the playlist. you can add songs later, edit the order, delete songs, etc.. Has repeat and shuffle. You can have it run in the background and do anything else. It still rings or whatever if you get a call/text. If you answer the call it pauses and then starts where you left off when you hang up the phone.
Also, it shows the album cover for whatever song you are playing.
Free to use. If it were/ever is a widget I would not even bother looking for something else. That's just me. Am I a basic muisc user? Probably.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Adding on now that my interest was sparked, just found out I am an idiot. It has widget funtionality.

kechamb

Reaction score
I have only had the D2 for a couple of days but so far no real problems. I came from an LG chocolate touch which was great for music and really haven,t noticed a huge difference. I do wish it had an equalizer.

bubbs

Reaction score
what is the app you have to download on your computer in order to sync songs onto my phone????? I just got the droid 2 a couple days ago and i'm sooo lost

kechamb

Reaction score
I use Itunes and Itunes agent which is an add on you can dowload. It's pretty simple to do once you have both set up. There are also someone decent videos on youtube to show you exactly how it works.