music player?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by brsmith23, Aug 29, 2010.

1. brsmith23

brsmith23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it just me or does the stock music player suck? It keeps freezing on me it's highly annoying.anyone have a fix or alternate application?

2. Davinci

Davinci New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Music Player

I use Tunewiki which isn't the greatest but better than the stock.

3. [sleepy]

[sleepy] New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    mix zing

you can try mix zing in the market
    there is a free version and a premium version
    the premium has alot more features like no ads but sadly its 7 $dancedroid

4. ibevsop

ibevsop New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    how about now?

It seemed at first, that the fact i would even want to listen to music was completely forgotten at some point along the way with the interface n they just slapped the widget in. Straight comedy for u, i ain' mad. I could not even get the" music player" to give me any option to show it all the music on my sd card. When i first got music to play i thought the file manager i was using to unzip was playing it heh. Anyway, has anyone noticed an improvement with these issues since the most recent update pushed? . . I have since, been able to play music AND do most anything else i want to simultaneously. At first it was music only and if you leave the screen it closes and stops. Its still crap but now atleast the widget works and has controls on lock screen. Is that new?

#4 ibevsop, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  5. brsmith23

brsmith23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My stupid music app has been freezing up my phone the past few days. It's starting to get old.

Here's what I'd like in a music app: the ability to build and edit playlists, and play MP3 files already on my phone (since they take way less battery power!), a user-friendly interface, and possibly a widget. Any suggestions?

By the way, a notice to app dev (not that you guys aren't doing good work already), but this seems to be an underserved market.. Or I'm just stupid. :)

6. wkearney99

wkearney99 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    No, it's not just you. I would also like a better player. One that allowed making and editing playlists on the device. I was quite disappointed to discover the stock player doesn't support genres.

7. Jejackson

Jejackson Member

Ratings:
    +0
    'Cubed' and 'mixzing' are 2 pretty solid music apps, mixzing if you pay for it would be better but cubed gives you the lockscreen controls for free and the interface is way cooler. A very unique take on music navigation

8. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    +1 for MixZing - I have the premium version and IMO it was worth the $7 if you use your phone for music...

9. brsmith23

brsmith23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    While both of these apps are cool, they both lack the ability to build a playlist on the phone. Is there a way to import a playlist from my computer?

10. timrock

timrock Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can build a playlist on the phone using Mixzing, and its very easy. find the song, hold down on it, and choose add to playlist. done.

11. wkearney99

wkearney99 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    True, mixzing does let you make playlists on the device. But I've found it a bit cumbersome to use. What's most annoying is the way they bury the player as you use other parts of the program. It ends up taking way too many clicks to bring it back up again.

12. daisysunny

daisysunny New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From timrock: "you can build a playlist on the phone using Mixzing, and its very easy. find the song, hold down on it, and choose add to playlist. done. "

But that's the same way you do it in the stock player. Whatever happened to having a list of all the songs available & being able to go through & check the box (using typing the name of each song if necessary till you find it) till all the songs you want to add to a playlist are selected & you just add them all at once? Is there such a player for the Droid 2? It just doesn't make sense time-wise to have to "click & hold, select add to playlist, select playlist" for every single song you want to add to every single playlist (having to select each song as many times as you want in each different playlist). I've even had to create an "All Songs" playlist because the player includes my ringtones as songs in the player instead of allowing me to store them in a different folder on the phone or SD card so it would treat it as a ringtone or alert sound instead of a song.

Search tags for this page
ascend mate2 music player does not work when screen closes
does droid 4 have a music player

droid 2 music player

droid music player arrange playlist
droid music player x2 freezes
how do i get unzipped music grom winzip to my android player
tunewiki keeps freezing