Music player

YanniX

Reaction score
Since a week I can't play my music anymore. I couldn't find it on the forum, may be I overlooked it...

Every time I start my standard music player, and I select a song, the app stops and after a few seconds it asks for a forced closing of the app. Sometimes I can play one song, but when I skip it to the next song the same happens. The same when I play a saved file from the list of my voicerecorder.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or with similar problems? Or please send me to the right forum...

Tnx

Ps. Sorry for my strange choices for words sometimes, im dutch

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What kind of device do you have?? I looked for it, but didn't see it? Perhaps I overlooked it?

In general though, I would try this.

Go into settings, applications, manage applications, all, music, clear data, force close. Then try the app again.

Hope this helps??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
Y

YanniX

Reaction score
I've got a Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570, Android version 2.3.5

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I can play my voicerecordings now, from my music player. But with a normal mp3 file it stops immediately when I want to play the next song...

OP
Y

YanniX

Reaction score
I also tried an other (free) music player app... And yes, the same problem. So I think, it has nothing to do with the musicplayer app itself... ?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you rooted or stock???

OP
Y

YanniX

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm not really known with these words. I have only updated once via samsung kies, since i bought my phone

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Your device is a quad band GSM device... I'm not very familiar with them.

Have you tried a removing and replacing the battery???
Or simply turning the device off and back on?

This can help fix a lot of software issues.
Hope this helps?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry, I'm not really known with these words. I have only updated once via samsung kies, since i bought my phone

Sorry, its something we do over here to be able to further customize our phones :) sorry for the confusion

OP
Y

YanniX

Reaction score
No I didn't customized it myself... Do know any other options?? Or do you recommend another musicplayer?

OP
Y

YanniX

Reaction score
Because simply turning on and off or replace battery doesnt work

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If its available to you, I like Poweramp. Its 5$ here.

OP
Y

YanniX

Reaction score
Thanks for your help, i wait tomorrow for hopefully some other advices. Otherwise indeed that musicplayer...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanks for your help, i wait tomorrow for hopefully some other advices. Otherwise indeed that musicplayer...

Sorry, I'm just not real familiar with the device. :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
YanniX said:
Since a week I can't play my music anymore. I couldn't find it on the forum, may be I overlooked it...

Every time I start my standard music player, and I select a song, the app stops and after a few seconds it asks for a forced closing of the app. Sometimes I can play one song, but when I skip it to the next song the same happens. The same when I play a saved file from the list of my voicerecorder.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Or with similar problems? Or please send me to the right forum...

Tnx

Ps. Sorry for my strange choices for words sometimes, im dutch

Your words are fine. When I was little, if a baby talked babble, gibberish, like babies do, my parents would say to the baby "are you talking Dutch"... which was to mean that you couldn't understand the baby's words. Your comment reminded me of that expression.

Now to your problem. You could have an app that is interfering with your music files or your music files may have gotten messed up somehow. Connect your phone to your computer with your usb. From your computer find where
your music files are stored on the phone. When you find your music, play the songs on your computer to see if they play the way they should. If not, then you may need to re- download your music back to your phone.

If they do play fine on your computer then you may have to do a factory reset on your phone. A factory reset will erase everything on your phone like it was brand new and you will have to set your phone up and download all your apps again. Doing a factory reset is a last resort but fixes most all problems. Make sure you save any pictures, music, files, documents or data that you want to keep onto your SD card or onto your computer first because if you don't they will be deleted.

Best of luck to you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Just thinking about this, did you make any changes or download any apps on the day that your problem started? If so, delete the/those apps and see if your music player will work again.