Music player

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
Just a small question. I just upgraded from the X yesterday. I was listening to the stock music player on the Bionic, and noticed out does not have the visualizations that my X had when you tap the album cover. Did I miss it, or did they take it out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Where is the music player?

I have Google music, but honestly I am not sure how it works. I placed some music in sdcard/music folder. When I navigate to the folder with root explorer it will play, but that player is pretty useless since it doesnt let you mange your play list and it shuts off once you back out.

Anyone recommend an app that will work. I d/l android music player, but none of my music shows up in there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Thanks. I just d/l the apk and installed it in the system/app directory and rebooted, but it doesnt work. Just FC, not sure if I have to rename the apk or what. Maybe its not compatible with or rom.

But anyway, the other music player app recognized my music. I'm guessing the reboot allowed for the music to sync.

tw15egan

Reaction score
I am a big fan of PowerAmp music player, very customizable, and the best sounding app out there. Well worth the 5$.

KingxDroid

Reaction score
You should download the CM9 music player. I believe it is already out for beta testing. You'll just have to search around for the link! :)

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

The one that was released to the public is filled with bugs

Reaction score
I agree. Poweramp is the way to go unless you love the streaming that Google music provides you. :)

tw15egan

Reaction score
I agree. Poweramp is the way to go unless you love the streaming that Google music provides you. :)

Hey, do you have a weird issue with raising the volume with the screen off? Mine goes almost mute, then jumps to the selected volume..

Reaction score
Yes I have noticed that bug also.

Last edited:

alucard9114

Reaction score
Im having an issue with google music auto playing when headphones are in.I will turn on another app and google music will turn on ill turn off google music and it will turn back on does power amp do this?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I am a big fan of PowerAmp music player, very customizable, and the best sounding app out there. Well worth the 5$.

+5000. I've used poweramp in my DROIDX, DROIDX 2, and my Bionic. Its an awesome app for music. I have hundreds of songs on mine, it transfers seemlesly from phone to phone. I use it in conjunction with my amp to pull parts out if songs. I'm a musician, so music is my bread and butter. Hope this helps. And as soon as I have it tomorrow I will transfer it and my sd card to my maxx.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Im having an issue with google music auto playing when headphones are in.I will turn on another app and google music will turn on ill turn off google music and it will turn back on does power amp do this?

Power amp has a setting to allow your music to pause and restart upon inserting ear buds or removing them. However, this can be disabled. And it works as it's supposed to. Shouldn't give you a problem.