Music Player - Wma Files

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Larock14, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Larock14

Larock14 New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Obviously I don't use my phone as a music player very often... However I used to be able to play .wma files on my Droid. I am currently running LGB 1.42. I get an error saying Sorry the audio player does not support this type of audio file. I used to run Sapphire until I jumped to Liquids. Is this something new with the Gingerbread Rom's?

Thanks

2. neoj2

neoj2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too would like to know whats up with this. it wont play wma video files either like it used to. only when it wants too. might have to go back to froyo till this is figured out

3. abadbronc

abadbronc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this problem with wmv files. I have even tried installing a third party media player that claims to support them. No such luck.

I haven't tried wma files though.

4. yamahansolo

yamahansolo New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interestingly I posted aboutthisa few weeks ago. The same thing happened every time the os was updated 2.0 played it. And 2.1 didn't. Then somebody found the fix... then 2.2 came outand didn't play it at first... then it was fixed. Credited to someone from cyanogen. Now 2.3 has same issue... I. Found rockplayer. Will play the wma music but not video. It has something to do with. Stage fright if you compare the build prop of cyanogen 6.1.2 and now gingy then you will see the difference. I started. Reading the source code trying to copare the difference then got bored... :) I useed root toos to veiw andchange the build prop right from the phone. But I haven't found all the other files yet to get it working... I searched to see if I could find who fixed the code but I. Didn't see it...

Search tags for this page
android music player that supports wma files
android music player wma support

android wma player

does lg ally play wma audio files
how to listen to wma files on htc thunderbolt
htc dna doesn't play wma
music player for wma files
verizon music player not playing wma files
what music player supports wma files
wma player android