Music player turns on when earphones plugged in

ibalboa54

Reaction score
Every time I plug my earphones into my phone to watch a Youtube video or movie the music player starts. I was rooted at one time but I have gone back to stock to avoid any issues with my phone during deployment. Should I get a hold of Verizon to ask for a replacement or is it just a setting that needs to be fixed. I am deploying in 2 weeks and would really like to have it fixed before I go. I plan to use whatever phone I have as a music/video player during deployment.

HamDog

Reaction score
This is a common problem with all Droids. One solution is to install another music player that gives the option to disable automatic music start up when headphone is plugged in. I use MortPlayer and it has that option.

Verizon won't be able to help you with this problem.

Jejackson

Reaction score
There is an option in the music player settings to play music when the headphones are plugged in...just disable it and life should be good again

HamDog

Reaction score
There is an option in the music player settings to play music when the headphones are plugged in...just disable it and life should be good again

Are you talking about the stock music player? I can't find such an option anywhere. But this option is available on some other music players in the Marketplace.