Music Player Stopped Working!!

dstacey

Reaction score
My camcorder and camera often need to a reboot to work properly as well. very annoying as it worked fine before 2.2

deek

Reaction score
I have the same issues. Since the 2.2 OTA Update I've had to reboot my phone multiple times..

Slacker Radio, won't play music (Unless Rebooted)
Pandora Radio, won't play music (Unless Rebooted)
Stock Music Player, won't play music.. Gives Invalid File Type Error.

Anything Video/Audio related will sometimes require a power cycle to function correctly.

Speaking of Video, I thought one of the nice things about 2.2 woudl be the ability to watch flash videos online. I am still only able to view content that I would have normally been able to view. (i.e., Hulu.com won't play video).

Since the 2.2 OTA update, I haven't been fond w/ the order the text messaging is in when you open your inbox. Gets a little confusing since I would prefer last received to be at the top.

Figured the 2.2 OTA update would be a couple steps forward, not backwards.

sephtin

Reaction score
Not related to most of hte posts in the thread.. but if you're having trouble playing video files, and you've installed (or modified) the build.prop file, verify that stagefright is set to false, rather than true.

(Stagefright makes quadrant scores go up like crazy... but breaks stuff.)

thetexan525

Reaction score
(i.e., Hulu.com won't play video).

Unfortunately that's nothing wrong with android, hulu doesn't have the rights for mobile streaming yet :( There was a loophole that could be used to make your phone seem like a pc or something, but don't know if that still works.

///ACS330Ci

Reaction score
My music player stopped working too. Got the same "file type not supported" so I went and looked at the ".mp3" files and see they are now showing as ".m4a" files on the phone. Deleted the existing files from the phone and copied new ".mp3" files to the phones SD card and tried again. No go, and the file extensions had been magically changed again. Any ideas? I haven't loaded any other players.

///ACS330Ci

Reaction score
OK, just tried rebooting and it works again. Guess I'll be rebooting everyday too. Pretty weak . . .

kechamb

Reaction score
I do not think you will have to reboot everyday, my phone has done the same thing but it only seemed to be with the stockplayer or after making changes to the card like adding music. My biggest frustration so far came lastnight when I went to add music and found that everything was gone. I had been using doubletwist and I guess you have to use them to sync because when I used Itunes/Itunes agent everything on my sd card dissappeared. I got rid of doubletwist and did what I should have and downloaded mixzing again (had it once but was to cheap to pay $7) and everything is much better.

ZombieTurf

Reaction score
I had a similar problem today. I was listening to music on my phone earlier today with no problem. a few hours passed. I didn't install any new apps or anything. then I went to play music with the default music player and I got the "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file". I tried a few other music players and it didn't work either. I got frustrated until I decided to turn the phone off and back on, and everything works fine again. weird.

nag228

Reaction score
had same issue with R2D2 just purchased earlier this week, and also affected videos I ported from droid1 to droid2. restart fixed the issue with music and video, hoping it won't be a daily habit.

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
well this began to happen to me too im thinking an app might cause it but i dont quite remember what i downloaded when i began experiencing this. But i also think the cause might be rooting for some reason or just the way we did it. Im rooted and i did it using the droid 2 method i believe. i doubt this though but my gut tells me it is.

nag228

Reaction score
doubt rooting is the problem. Mine isn't rooted and it still happens to my phone. I read some of the tips and tricks that came with the phone, one suggests booting the phone daily, which is what I've had to do cuz music and videos get hosed every day.

jmorton10

Reaction score
I don't think rooting causes it either as mine is rooted (& running the leaked 2.2) & I've never had the problem.

I listened to music most of the day last Thursday at work & it worked just fine using the stock player.

~John

thetexan525

Reaction score
I definitely agree that its not cause of root, as my phones not rooted. I think someone earlier mentioned its probably a problem with reading the sd card. I think that's right cause I haven't had the problem in several days, and I noticed when I did have the problem it was after having the phone connected to my pc. Also when the music/videos don't work, the sounds/ringtones that come default on the phone play just fine (and they're stored on internal memory as opposed to the sd card)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Lex_Luthor

Reaction score
I dont know what to say but the sd card not being read too well might be true. Kinda dropped mah phone a few times could have moved it a bit. But there has to be a conflicting program. I dont have a task killer so i doubt its that but i dont think i really downloaded anything new that should def mess things up maybe Titanium might the cause. Things didnt slide to well after i used that app. And every time i connect my phone to the pc it always mounts and previously it would go to the last one i had which is usually charge only. anyone experiencing/have similar things?