1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music Player Stopped Working!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by sltruong, Sep 24, 2010.

1. sltruong

sltruong New Member

Everything was going good with the default music player.

Last night, I downloaded MixZing to see if it was better. Both music players were working after I downloaded it.

Today, nothing is working. Everytime I click a song, it says, "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file".

I tried uninstalling MixZing but nothing has worked.

Any suggestions??
  2. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

After you uninstalled did you reboot your phone ?
  3. Eliza

Eliza New Member

Music Player Stopped Working!

The music player has stopped working on my myspace profile. Even if I go to another persons profile it still doesnt work. It acts like its loading and the bar turns blue, but yet it does nothing. I am using a windows laptop. This problem is the same on my Imac. Is this myspaces problem or mine? Very confused! Thanks for any help!
  4. papasmurf3

papasmurf3 New Member

This EXACT same thing happened to me. MixZing was weird so I removed it. Then music wouldn't play with the music app or doubletwist. I've reformated the SD card and tried loading the music back on twice and it still wont play.
    Does anyone have any help on this?

Edit: Tried restarting and it appears to be working again but something is definitely wonky. Might have to do with Last.fm scrobbling. Any chance that those two dont play nice together?
  5. dstacey

dstacey New Member

Mine has the exact same problem as OP

does anyone have a solution to this. Seemed to happen once i downloaded 2.2

edit/update: reboot seems to have solved
  6. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB New Member

Same problem here. Got my DX new yesterday and it was playing all my music fine. Got the 2.2 update and music still played fine. This morning I started playing a song and paused it halfway through. later I tried to resume the same song that was playing earlier and it wont play. 14GB worth of MP3's and they all give the unsupported format error.

No mixzing or last fm or anything, just the stock player.
  7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Did you try rebooting like the previous poster did?
  8. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB New Member

Yes, reboot fixes it. I really hope this is not going to be a daily thing...
  9. rfranken

rfranken New Member

Definitely a 2.2 problem.
    All videos and all my music files (anything with Audio it appears) will stop working giving the "Sorry, the player does not support this type of audio file" message. Rebooting will fix it...but honestly i'm having to reboot every day for this and it does get quite annoying. Even more so...i have custom ringtones setup for my more frequently talked to contacts and those won't work either until after a reboot.
    So from what i can see anything and everything involving audio on my phone was hit with a hammer from 2.2
  10. thetexan525

thetexan525 New Member

That sounds about right. I have to reboot about once a day now. this morning my alarm didn't even sound as I have a custom ringtone, luckily this phone's vibrate is really loud... this better get fixed quick!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  11. BeefGj

BeefGj New Member

Same here. Need to reboot to fix the music, the ringtone it it's a song, and today I had to reboot to get the camcorder to work. Not sure if the camcorder problem is related, thought maybe it has more to do with the micro sd card?

Anyway, yes, rebooting fixes it every time.
  12. Burnintrees

Burnintrees New Member

This happened to me. I first noticed non of my custom ringtones were working on RingDroid, so I decided to look at the files itself in the music player. While on the music player it gave me the same error you were talking about; "does not support file type". I was like WTF and I went into rockplayer and it was able to play it, but it gave incorrect track times. For example it showed a song that was under 3 minutes long as 30 minutes lol.

I just took the battery out of my phone and everything was back to normal.

to the post above, I had a problem with my camera not saving the pictures. rebooting always fixes the problem(take batt out).
  13. steeveegee

steeveegee New Member

Started using cubed as my media player and haven't bad any issues for a few days now
    I wish I could get rid of the stock player though because itk automatically starts when I switch to bluetooth media in my car

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  14. Humpa

Humpa New Member

My X is part of my car stereo - it is my mp3 player. I use it every day.

I've not had any music issues (or any issues, though it isn't active and I only use the mp3 at the moment) since the 2.2 upgrade.
    But I've only used "Cubed" music player. So it sounds like this is a stock player bug - which is fine, 'cause I have no idea how people even use the default player. That thing is just junk.
  15. thetexan525

thetexan525 New Member

Not just a stock player bug. My mp3s wouldn't work in doubletwist or rockplayer, nor would videos. Pandora wouldn't even play. (I haven't bothered to check the camera)
  16. dstacey

dstacey New Member

My camcorder and camera often need to a reboot to work properly as well. very annoying as it worked fine before 2.2
  17. deek

deek New Member

I have the same issues. Since the 2.2 OTA Update I've had to reboot my phone multiple times..

Slacker Radio, won't play music (Unless Rebooted)
    Pandora Radio, won't play music (Unless Rebooted)
    Stock Music Player, won't play music.. Gives Invalid File Type Error.

Anything Video/Audio related will sometimes require a power cycle to function correctly.

Speaking of Video, I thought one of the nice things about 2.2 woudl be the ability to watch flash videos online. I am still only able to view content that I would have normally been able to view. (i.e., Hulu.com won't play video).

Since the 2.2 OTA update, I haven't been fond w/ the order the text messaging is in when you open your inbox. Gets a little confusing since I would prefer last received to be at the top.

Figured the 2.2 OTA update would be a couple steps forward, not backwards.
  18. sephtin

sephtin New Member

Not related to most of hte posts in the thread.. but if you're having trouble playing video files, and you've installed (or modified) the build.prop file, verify that stagefright is set to false, rather than true.

(Stagefright makes quadrant scores go up like crazy... but breaks stuff.)
  19. thetexan525

thetexan525 New Member

Unfortunately that's nothing wrong with android, hulu doesn't have the rights for mobile streaming yet :( There was a loophole that could be used to make your phone seem like a pc or something, but don't know if that still works.
  20. ///ACS330Ci

///ACS330Ci New Member

My music player stopped working too. Got the same "file type not supported" so I went and looked at the ".mp3" files and see they are now showing as ".m4a" files on the phone. Deleted the existing files from the phone and copied new ".mp3" files to the phones SD card and tried again. No go, and the file extensions had been magically changed again. Any ideas? I haven't loaded any other players.
Search tags for this page
android music player has stopped

android music player stopped working

android music player stops working
anesidora stops playing
droid music player won't work
droid sorry the player does not support this audio file
mp3 music download suddenly not working on samsung galaxy
music player stoped working on driodx2
music player stopped
music player stopped working
music player stopped working on samsung 4