Music player starting automatically

toastedoats

Reaction score
I use google listen and pandora for 99% of my media and the MIUI Music player will start playing randomly when headphones are plugged in. Is there a way to disable this? I am about ready to remove the music player .apk and use another app for music... However I really like the MIUI music app.

Any thoughts?

Axium

Reaction score
havent played with miui music yet, but i used to have this issue on stock/every rom droid. i had to resort to removing music.apk and using 3rd party apps for music. i recommend winamp for it :p

OP
T

toastedoats

Reaction score
havent played with miui music yet, but i used to have this issue on stock/every rom droid. i had to resort to removing music.apk and using 3rd party apps for music. i recommend winamp for it :p

This had worked for a couple builds, but even removing music.apk and/or miuimusic.apk and installing winamp, winamp will now start on its own when headphones are plugged in.

There must be a way to turn this "feature" off, or atleast a workaround for it.

I have been removing the native player and being without a music app for the last 6 or so builds

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I remember this issue first started happening with the switch to stragefright and people modding their roms to use older versions because of more file compatibility. However, I haven't heard of this happening with newer releases. What Miui release are you using? I thought that GB would have definitely solved all of these issues.

OP
T

toastedoats

Reaction score
I am on 1.4.29 at the moment, been updating every week until 1.5.6 wouldnt boot for whatever reason (might have been a bad download, hadnt tried too much to get it to work)

Just installed winamp, plugged in headphones and the winamp launched automatically.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do you have any audio apps installed? Maybe an audio toggle? There may be something else in your system taking action when headphones are installed. AFAIK, miui doesn't have anything auto start when it detects headphones, it only changes audio sound / volume settings.

Are you using a theme? You would be surprised what crazy side issues can come from some of those at times.

If you can get a logcat of your phone when you plug in the headphones and music launches, send it to me and I can see if I can find the issue.

kamisan

Reaction score
Not 100% but I would guess your launcher is crashing and recent apps are starting that never fully closed. Out of memory errors are a large problem with cm7 which latest miui for Droid is based on. Gingerbread also has memory issues. It flat out uses ALOT. Hold your home button down and. Run app killer. If you before memory is less than 20 and after less than 45-50 that's it. There are a few things you can do to get more free memory and to correct apps from either hanging on to long or closing to early. Prior to partitioning my card and running links2sd I had the same issue and I can still replicate it if I kill my launcher after running a bunch apps and music tends to be the one you notice since it is audible. Check your memory available and let me know. If that's it ill message you on what to do next

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums