Music Player Problems

futbolplaya934

Reaction score
Hi,
I have searched up and down this site and i can't find the answer and i don't have time to waste so sorry if this is a repost. I just downloaded 2.2 the other day and now i have tried to play my music and it says the player does not support the music file. They are m4a and mp3 files. I have a mac so i just copy and paste to a file folder becuase i can't use the program that is supported by verizon since Droid X is a windows based phone and verizon doesn't offer the iPhone yet. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them becuase i am very upset with my droid x right now! thanks in advance. dancedroid

dlbrown75

Reaction score
are You using launcher pro? I had a similar problem. Music player fine then I installed launcher pro. I got the same message you are getting. I uninstalled LP, took out battery, now it works again. I also have X 2.2

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
maybe try a different media player. i know the stock one still has some bugs for some users..

Bengal21

Reaction score
I have this problem from time to time as well. A battery pull fixes it every time for me. I don't think its related to launcher pro, fwiw. I'm getting the feeling its something with the audio jack or the usb I use to connect it to my car stereo..I could be wrong though.

rockman2231

Reaction score
A couple days ago I decided to remove all the music from my phone to consolidate my music library, and I've run into problems. When I try to open the music app/widget the screen goes white and the application must be forced closed. If it does manage to open, all the music/album names are still there (although unable to play since I have removed all the files), and if I select those and try to delete them it freezes again and must force close.

Also since this has happened the battery will die in an hour, and the phone is incredibly hot. I don't know if that's related or if it's a separate issue.

Thanks for any help.

ssj11mav

Reaction score
1. What Rom are you on
2. Remove all widgets from your home screen and see if that helps
3. Check your battery usage in the settings, what is the highest user?

ARZ

Reaction score
Are widgets the icons on the screen? Owned a droid for over 2 years but still dont know EXACTLY what a widget is.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Try going to menu->manage apps->media storage->clear data. Then reboot. It will clear the media database and rescan your music. You may have to reset all of your ringtones and notifications though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

linuxgator

Reaction score
Widgets are the things like favorite contacts and news and weather that may be on your screen.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ARZ

Reaction score
I only have Apps on my home screen. Favorites and news and crap like that are on page 1,2,4,and 5 does that count? in reference to post number 2.