Music player is completely retarded..?

carbine

Reaction score
Well, not only does this thing not know anything about ID3 tags, but after I get all my ID3 tags together it seems as if its using a cached version. Its still displaying songs that aren't even on my SD card. Any way to clear this cache..?

I've looked at a couple other music apps but haven't found anything I like.

OP
carbine

carbine

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the original because it uses the real Last.fm app to scrobble and does it on the fly. Hmm.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can always use an app like SDrescan to have your Droid 're-scan' you SD card... which can help if you get what I consider ghost files (where there before, they have been deleted but still show up, or files you added that haven't shown up). I find a reset always resolves this issue if it does arise for me.

and I agree... the media player sucks.... Why on Earth aren't the album tracks in track order?.... who decided alphabetical was appealing? lol

Riley

Reaction score
Yup I love my Droid, but the media player drives me nuts!!!! I am an ipod touch user and am so used to it's media player. I use my Droid a ton for music in the car, if I'm not using Pandora. I am hoping with future updates the media player will be greatly improved.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ or at least a media player app to correct this. Either way I'd be content :)

OP
carbine

carbine

Reaction score
You can always use an app like SDrescan to have your Droid 're-scan' you SD card... which can help if you get what I consider ghost files (where there before, they have been deleted but still show up, or files you added that haven't shown up). I find a reset always resolves this issue if it does arise for me.

and I agree... the media player sucks.... Why on Earth aren't the album tracks in track order?.... who decided alphabetical was appealing? lol

This worked WONDERFUL. Now if I could just get my album art to stick... Other than that I'm set. I don't know what is wrong with these ID3 tags. They're all 2.3, all have album art... Only some albums show album art. Shows up beautiful in iTunes, MP3Tag... UGH.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Weird... I have absolutely no problems with ID3. I did everything in iTunes because of my iPod Touch, and they all transferred over flawlessly. I didn't use any software on my computer to transfer the files over. I just copied the content of the iTunes music folder onto Music on the sd card.

Also my tracks are showing up in order of tracks, not alphabetical. All part of the ID3...
But if that's not working for you for some reason and you still want them in order, you can rename your tracks to "1. Name", "2. Name"....

I do dislike the media player's inability to handle gapless playback though...

jmilacek

Reaction score

My album tracks are not listed in alphabetical order. They are organized by track number.

PhatTimmy

Reaction score
My albums are listed by track number also. Was that something fixed in the update? I swear that when I first bought the Droid that my songs were listed in alphabetical order, even when looking to album view.

lettertosteve

Reaction score
Music still out of order

Used Vcast Music Manager to load music on my old Voyager and all was well. Most track names are preceded by numbers. However, Droid still doesn't recognize correct order or album art (already renamed to albumart.jpg). Have run SDrescan several times but music is still alpha only. Any further suggestions or known apps that can help with this annoying issue? Thanks, in advance, for all helpful replies.