Music Player Frustration

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by buellboy9, Apr 28, 2011.

1. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Not REALLY a CM issue (it happens no matter what ROM I'm running). It's just that there are a LOT of knowledgeable people here, so I'm hoping someone has a solution.

When I mount the Droid in the Car Dock, I usually set the music player to play my MP3 collection, then I'll bring up Navigator to guide me to my destination.

Originally, the music would pause when the navigator would voice the next direction change, and then restart where it left off (which is fine).

Now, more than half of the time, the music will NEVER restart unless I take the time to go back to the music player and restart it (not something I want to do in a moving car).

The only way I can get the music to ALWAYS resume after a voice navigation prompt, is to make the music player the foreground app. Of course, this means I can't see the map which is a problem if it happens to be a confusing intersection.

Ideas? Currently running CM7 on the original Droid. According to the "Settings -> Storage" display I have 262MB total internal storage, and 130MB of that (almost 50%) is available.
  2. sbenson

sbenson New Member

You sir, can thank gingerbread for your trouble. As I'm sure you know, gingerbread has pretty aggressive memory management settings which will cause unsuspecting apps to get killed. I fought with this for a while until I tried Auto Memory Manager and changed the default memory settings to something a bit less aggressive. I believe Winner built some settings into his build to help with this issue-You should try his build and see if that helps. If not, try AMM that I mentioned above and set it to: 6, 12, 24, 30, 35, 40. You'll know what I'm talking about when you open the app. I'm currently using Winner's settings but I was using the above settings for a while with pretty good results. Most of the time I could listen to music while navigating....but not all the time. One major drawback for this tired old phone.

Edit: And Storage refers to the amount of space you have on your phones internal hard drive and has nothing to do with your RAM (256 mb) which is the issue here. Go to: menu > settings > applications > running services. Ram is displayed at the bottom.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  3. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

But this happened under Froyo as well.
  4. sbenson

sbenson New Member

Do you have your launcher locked into memory? Unfortunately I had to remove my launcher hack to get maps to play nice with my phone.
  5. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Okay, I have the ADWLauncher that was packaged with CM 7.0.2, and the "System Persistent" check box is unchecked... so I'm assuming that means the answer is "No."
  6. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Found a setting in the music player to "Attenuate" rather than "Pause" the music when another audible notification is received. I've set that to see if it makes a difference. I'll let you know.
  7. jengas kahn

jengas kahn New Member

this happened on froyo? hmm... do you have a bunch of widgets?

i use an app called system panel to monitor how many applications are running and how much memory they're using up. you might want to have a look at that.
  8. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

As a matter of fact, yes... I DO have quite a number of widgets running. Damn... is THAT the cause? Guess I better go see which ones I REALLY need and which ones I can do without.
  9. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

Well that was strange. The music app didn't stop or pause, the volume did lower, but unfortunately the map "voice" was so low I could barely hear it, despite the fact I had the navigation volume cranked to maximum volume. That's not going to work. Next I'll see if removing a few widgets and playing with the "swappiness" had any effect.
  10. buellboy9

buellboy9 Member

That seemed to do it. Most likely it was reducing the number of widgets I had going. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
attenuate music s3
cm 10 change default media player

cyanogen change default music app

cyanogenmod 7 music not playing
cyanogenmod 7 music player messed up
cyanogenmod 7 player not working
cyanogenmod 7 set default music app

cyanogenmod change default music player

cyanogenmod default media player

how to change default music app cyanogenmod