1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music Player from 2.1 not functional on 2.01

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by p0rk burn, Jan 1, 2010.

1. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

I know enough to know I don't know enough, but that didn't stop me from trying the cheap and easy port that seemed to work with the 2.1 Gallery.

Grabbing Music.apk from the 2.1 ROM and installing from the SD card, which worked for the gallery, results in a parse error. : (

I guess some of the magic was done to the gallery - or they wanted us to use the gallery and be wowed by it to try to get us take an official OTA and give up root. NEVAR!
  2. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Were there any changes to the music player? I guess I don't use it enough to notice.
  3. p0rk burn

p0rk burn New Member

A few minor graphical tweaks, like displaying album art in the background and using the artist/album/song tags as tabs instead of folders. Also keeps the "now playing" at the bottom at all times which 2.01 doesn't do.

Nothing too big, but when did that stop us from tempting the brick gods in an attempt to cheat a few weeks?
  4. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

Gotcha, I guess I should learn to be more observant. ;)