1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Music/Pandora keeps skipping.

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by Darksthour, May 21, 2011.

1. Darksthour

Darksthour New Member

Every time I play music on winamp or pandora I get a few skips like it pauses for half a scond. Its really annoying and wondered if anyone had this.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. superblah

superblah New Member

There's another thread on this in this same section but to answer your question I was having this issue but it seems to have been resolved in 1.9.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. srturner47

srturner47 New Member

Still seems to happen for me with 1.9. However, it is MUCH improved. Before it would skip when I wasn't even doing anything else. Now, it only has these pauses/skips when I am doing something on my phone other than just listening to music, and even then less frequently.

This is by far the most annoying thing about my phone. Not sure if the rom is really to blame though. I've even noticed this on my Motorola Xoom running honeycomb occasionally. Never seemed to have this problem with any Froyo roms on my phone though. Could be a Gingerbread and Honeycomb problem.
  4. Darksthour

Darksthour New Member

For me it got a lot worse. I'm not sure about it being a GB or HC problem because on UD 3.3.1 I never had it. Moved to simply stunning to try another GB rom but haven't tested that out yet.
  5. jakegsxr11

jakegsxr11 New Member

This is also happening to me. From what I can tell it skips every time the CPU changes it's frequency... for example, shortly after I touch a button, when I turn the screen off, when a notification comes through, when I wake the phone, ect.. Maybe I am wrong just something I have been noticing lately.
  6. cujo6801

cujo6801 Member

have you tried locking the app in liquid settings>general>lock activities....hope it helps...
  7. MaxRenn

MaxRenn New Member

Tried the locking application in liquid settings. Still skipping when locking/unlocking phone.
  8. rafiki1

rafiki1 New Member

Ya I'm using doubleTwist and even after locking it does this..if you do anything on phone while listening it happens and also happens randomly when doing nothing...very annoying.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  9. jakegsxr11

jakegsxr11 New Member

I also tried locking in memory and am still getting skips. I am going to go to 1.92 today and if I still have the skips I may try a new kernel. Is everyone having the problem running the stock 1.9 kernel? I know I am.
  10. KJW979

KJW979 Member

Using 1.92 with stock kernel and music skipping is still an issue for me, happens on any music player I use, stock & poweramp, very annoying.

11. jakegsxr11

jakegsxr11 New Member

I changed my kernel to one of the chevy kernels in the 1.92 thread....no more skipping....hooray!!!
  12. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

I'm gonna run it stock at first. Make sure all my apps work. Then if needed I'll look at ALT kernels.
  13. KJW979

KJW979 Member

Tried deprimed kernel, only got skips/pauses when opening other apps while music playing, no random. On a chevyno1 lv 1000, still pauses at times when opening certain apps, this app being one of them, lol.

14. srturner47

srturner47 New Member

Well, I switched to Simply Stunning 1.53 with Chevy's newest 1.0Ghz LV kernel yesterday because I couldn't stand the skipping and I couldn't figure out how to get Music Beta to install with 1.9 or 1.92. Sure enough, I have been listening to several hours of music with no skips today even when surfing the web via Music Beta! :)

Don't know if it was the kernel, Liquid's rom, or something weird about my installation or setup, but I've been having this problem since 1.8. Tried all versions from 1.8 on using CorCor's kernel and had the same problem. Before that I was with a much earlier version of LGB...can't quite remember which version or what kernel...1.5?....anyway, I never noticed the problem with this version/kernel, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist. I just didn't notice it.

So, summary is, the problem is NOT with all Gingerbread rom/kernel combinations. Not sure what the problem specifically is though or how to fix it short of switching to another rom/kernel that works for you with no skips. Strange.
  15. chris231dkz

chris231dkz New Member

Had the same skipping problem and phone didn't want to multitask with any other apps while music was playing, even with Minfree on the jacked up gaming settings.

Switched over to Chevy's Low voltage 1.1ghz 05/31/11 kernel, and now phone happily plays music with no skips, and lets me browse at the same time too.

Random bug / annoyance, I use Tasker for a bunch of things including the menu of apps that pops up when I put my headphones in. Now when I select what app I want, the menu pops up every minute or so with the headphones staying in the whole time. Weird.
  16. RonsHome

RonsHome New Member

Yes changing to Chevy's kernel does the trick..Worked for me too.
    Say no to skipping.
  17. dro855

dro855 New Member

Same here, I switched to Chevy lv1Ghz and no more skipping. Plus the phones wakes up with almost no lag now. *Bi-Winning*
  18. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 New Member

im using chevys 900 mhz kernel the 5/31 set and i still get skips...smh smh
  19. Tboy72

Tboy72 New Member

Not only does it skip, but it very seldom finishes a whole song before stopping and switching to another song. It constantly does this.

This phone really has a long list of issues. It really doesn't seem that Motorola is going to do, or wants to do anything about any of it.
  20. jssmith76

jssmith76 New Member

I haven't had a problem with the music skipping (stock player or Pandora), and both programs were running perfectly fine with LGB 2.0. However, now that I'm running LGB 2.2, the stock music player will pause and not automatically play again whenever I get an incoming txt message or phone call. Anyone have any ideas what I can do for this problem?

Thanks,
    Josh
Search tags for this page
android pandora keeps skipping
my pandora keeps skipping songs
pandora constantly skipping songs
pandora keeps jumping from song to song

pandora keeps skipping

pandora keeps skipping android

pandora keeps skipping songs

pandora keeps skipping songs android
pandora keeps skipping tracks